Senior Product Designer
Paris or Remote from France
Product & Experience – Product Design /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel app enabling 26 million members a year to carpool or travel by bus in 21 countries. Our team of 800+ employees counts over 50 nationalities and is spread across our 5 global offices, 30% working fully remotely.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Search team at BlaBlaCar. As part of our ambition to fill the millions of empty seats on the road, and become the go-to marketplace for shared travel, we’re looking at connecting carpool, bus and train supplies and optimize those to become a multimodal platform helping millions of users across the globe to find and book the perfect ride for them, in a simple and frictionless way. As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll contribute in building the best search experience for all markets while optimizing for conversion.
- Act as an advocate for our users within the Search squad.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team (product manager, product marketing manager, engineers, product designers) with a strong design culture and focus on research.
- Define real and precise user problems to solve by collaborating with Product, Data, and Research teams through analyzing large amounts of data, seeking out & gathering deep customer insights with different exploratory tools and methods
- Build smart, user tailored, scalable and consistent end-to-end experience by applying a rigorous design process from the overarching story, to architecture and micro-interaction, using design systems as a guiding framework
- Bring your knowledge on new technologies, design trends, and changes in user behaviour, and infuse your reflection with benchmarking market standards
- Adapt working methods depending on projects ambitions and deadlines
- Create design documentation and prototypes for sharing your work with both new and informed stakeholders
- 8+ years of hands-on user experience design, including designing mobile/web apps/desktop.
- Strong ability to have an end-to-end view on the full user journey, integrating multi-selling channels, a large panel of users and markets. Ability to transform this complexity into a simple and tailored experience for users.
- Proficiency in understanding business objectives and mechanics, speaking about design in the language of business and aligning design and business strategies.
- Mastery in applying a rigorous design process and strong ability to structure, hierarchize and organize information, to design solutions that are intuitive and easy to navigate for a large panel of customers and markets.
- Ability to analyze and interpret user data to drive user-inspired design decisions and optimise their experience overtime.
- Strong experience on A/B testing experiments with different design variations and measures of their impact (comfortable with a fast test, learn, repeat mindset).
- Familiar with the intricacies of e-commerce platforms, including understanding shopping cart flows, checkout processes, and product catalogue structures.
- Fluency in English
What we have to offer
- Full remote possible in the country of employment
- 4 additional weeks of Maternity leaves and Paternity leaves paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Personal growth via trainings, mentorship, and internal mobility programs
- Employee Stock ownership plan
- Regular team building events
- Mental health support through Moka.care
- Paid leave - "be the member day"
Interested in joining the ride?
- a 45-min video-call with Amélia De Temmerman, Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 45-min video-call with our Head of Product Design, Nicolas Duval, to deepdive into your knowledge and experience in Product Design
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your craft and your ability to solve problems with simple and smart solutions, including a presentation to key stakeholders
- a following live working session with future peers to evaluate your ability to integrate feedback in your reflection and propose alternative solutions in a fast pace environment
- a 30-min video-call with Benjamin Retourné, VP Product, for a final validation
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application.