Engagement & Culture Intern 2023
São Paulo, Brazil /
General Administration – People /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
The Engagement & Culture Team’s mission is to cultivate a unique sense of belonging, pride and collective purpose in our talent community, by bringing our inspirational culture to life. To do so, the team shares Fun & Serious internal communications and drives positive impact, through the organization of social & environmental events, such as our Impact Day, the BlaBlaShow, quarterly parties, monthly initiatives. Reporting to our Engagement & Culture Manager, you will join the People team in charge of all employee touchpoints.
What you will do:
- Internal Events
- Run our day-to-day engagement initiatives (BlaBlaBreakfast, BlaBlaSnacks, After works, Birthday Gift, etc.)
- Help on defining and implementing a monthly roadmap of creative and fun experiences to drive employee engagement, support our company culture and create a positive team spirit
- Help on the conceptualization and organization of our corporate events, such as end-of-year celebrations; finding and selecting suppliers
- Bring innovative ideas to the table in order to raise awareness and engage employees on social & environmental topics
- Organize our corporate photoshoot
- Internal Communications
- Animate our internal communication channels & groups (Football, Fitness, Eco-Green Squad, BlaBlaRainbow etc.)
- Write, design and share news/announcements using: slack, email, screens etc.
- Updating our intranet with relevant guides and updates
- Boost communication and drive engagement around Social & Environmental topics
- Be identified as the key contact for newbies in their first days, weeks, months
- Help on running the Onboarding Weeks (2 weeks of introduction to key activities and teams)
- Support employee’s benefits management
- Promote our corporate culture and internal policies
- Office Life
- Make sure that our culture is represented in our office and that our team feels comfortable
- Bring in new ideas to design and optimize administrative processes to make our office a meeting point for our employees
- You are currently following a Master’s degree (a valid internship agreement from your school is required)
- You are fluent in English and Portuguese
- You are organized and event oriented
- You have excellent communication skills (written and oral), you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You are energetic, proactive & love bringing new ideas to the table
Nice to have
- Good eye for design and visual aspects as well as graphic and production skills (creation of videos, PowerPoint presentations)
- Interest in social & environment topics
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly after works, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
- To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
Your future benefits
- Tailor-made remote policy
- Holidays - 1 day per month
- Trainings & career development programs
- Free carpooling & 🚌 bus-rides wherever whenever
- 1 additional month parental leave 100% paid
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card )
- 50% transportation reimbursement
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride?
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers Ranjitha Ganeesh to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 45-min video-call with Engagement & Culture Manager Nathalia Russo
- a take home case study to work on
- a 30-min video-call to present the case study to Nathalia Russo
- a 15-min Team Interview with Tatiana Mattos & Perrine Labesse
Kindly submit the CV in English
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.