Senior Product Manager - Bus Marketplace
Paris or Remote from France /
Product & Experience – Product Management /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
About Bus Marketplace
Bus Marketplace operates in Brazil, Ukraine, and Poland consolidating professional ground transport supply and helping them build a proposition that meets the needs of every traveler looking for a trip. We aim to lead the transition from offline to online by aggregating supply and selling it on our platform. By addressing a broader range of passengers' needs, we’ll capture a wider segment of the travel market (share of wallet), and be able to become the go-to app (top of mind).
About the role
As a Senior Product Manager - Bus Marketplace Platform you will be responsible for implementing the high-quality Global Distribution System (GDS) platform to enable the excellence of our operations and allow providing excellent service to our partners. It includes GDS as a search engine, GDS as a source of inventory data, and other tools needed for operations excellence. This is a very exciting position as your work will have a major impact on the Bus Marketplace business growth by building and scaling high-performing innovative platform tools and ensuring BlaBlaCar is leading in that aspect.
- Establish the product vision and strategy for your product area
- Define and contribute to department OKRs with clearly measurable objectives and key results
- Define technical requirements and design for the high-load marketplace engine together with engineering management
- Drive and enhance the execution of all processes in the product life cycle (we call it product operations framework), including product and market research, competitor analysis, planning, positioning, stakeholder communication, requirements and roadmap development, and product launch
- Be autonomous in identifying and tracking success metrics, and in problem-solving with cross-functional experts in engineering, operations, and business development
- Collaborate daily with engineering, production, marketing, and sales teams in the development, testing, and release of products, and balance resources to ensure success for the entire organization
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Previous experience in managing marketplace platforms and high-load systems
- Strong analytical mindset
- Highly collaborative and comfortable executing in a cross-functional, matrixed organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Humility and great listening skills
- Fluency in English
What we have to offer:
- We offer benefits that have a positive impact on you and our society, just like our product!
- We are flexible - We adapt to your needs:
- 🏠Full remote possible within your country of employment
- 💵Home office financial support for equipment
- 🚗Relocation package & visa support
- We are impactful - We shape our future together:
- 📈Equity for all program
- 🌳Company events like the impact day & coding nights
- 💻Learning possibilities through trainings, mentoring, internal development programs, and events.
- 🚗Free carpooling & 🚌 bus-rides wherever whenever
- We care - We care about you and your needs:
- 👶 1-month additional parental leave 100% paid
- *Full remote: work from anywhere in France
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.