Junior Analytics Engineer - Data Pro Supply
Paris or Remote from France /
Engineering – Data Engineering /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
The team’s mission is to make BlaBlaCar the go-to marketplace to book a long-distance shared ride. For this, the Data Pro Supply team develops and runs Data products to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Bus supply (this includes the Operated Bus in Western Europe and the Pro MarketPlace business unit in Eastern Europe and Brazil). We build dashboards and algorithms to optimise the bus operations, evaluate the demand and provide key actionable insights for the business teams.
As an Analytics Engineer, your role is to own BlaBlaCar’s data from the raw layer to the warehouse layer. You will work closely with Data Analysts, Data Scientists and Software Engineers on your team to continuously provide data products to make decisions on the product.
You will also contribute to the Analytics Engineering Chapter, a horizontal group of Analytics Engineers, whose mission is to improve tools for Analytics Engineers, and make them more efficient in their day-to-day by innovative technologies, processes, etc.
Over the past 3 years, the scope covered by Analytics Engineers tripled, which led the Data Organisation to reformulate as a Data Mesh. This setup allows producing data products faster and autonomously as a team dedicated to a specific data domain.
For more insights into our Data services team, here's a video of Célia, Data Engineering Manager, sharing what it's like to be working at BlaBlaCar.
Within the Data Pro Supply team, you will be working alongside 2 other Analytics Engineer on:
• Building efficient and robust data models for large volumes of data
• Developing and optimising the data workflows from the raw layer to the data mart in our data platform
• Implementing solutions to improve the data quality
• Taking a central part in the Analytics Engineering Chapter, defining policies and standards for data management
• You have experience using SQL (any SQL engine experience is appreciated; we use Bigquery)
• You understand of the ETL concept, as writing ETLs will represent a big part of your daily work
• You have experience working with a programming or scripting language (any is appreciated; we use Python with Cloud Composer/Airflow)
• You have basic knowledge of UNIX, GIT
• Ideally, you are used to working with a Cloud provider (we use GCP)
• You are fluent in English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work:
• Full remote possible in the country of the role
• 4 additional weeks parental leave 100% paid
• Financial support for home office equipment
• Relocation package and visa support
• Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
• Employee Stock Ownership plan
• 25 days holiday per year + RTT
• Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
• 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
• Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
• a 45-min video-call with Benjamin, Talent Acquisition Manager, to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
• a 60-min video-call with Célia Fischbach, Data Manager, to to get to know you and present you the team
• a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
• a 90-min video-call with two Data Engineers to discuss about your exercise and technical skills
• a 30-min video-call with Emmanuel Martin-Chave, VP Data, to assess your growth mindset
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.