Junior Partnership Manager (Buses)
Paris, France /
Engineering – Operated Buses Engineering /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
We are looking for a Bus Partnership Manager to join the Operated Bus team which is in charge of sourcing and negotiating over 100m€ worth of transportation contracts in France.
In this role you will grow your skills in negotiation, procurement and strategic thinking. You will manage multiple internal and external stakeholders, and embrace a wide scope of tasks from ground negotiations, structured RFPs to strategic thinking. As such, the role requires a sharp, analytical mind, entrepreneurial spirit, interpersonal skills, and strong commitment.
- Build and manage long-lasting relations with bus partners and continuously nurture existing partnerships with bus operators
- Source new partners by contacting operators, presenting our business model and negotiating contracts
- Improve profitability of the lines by collaborating with network planning and bus partners to better understand their cost structure and means to decrease end-to-end costs
- Participate to best-in-class RFI / RFP campaigns and apply our procurement playbook to reach our ambitious sourcing targets at the best costs and quality balance
- You have 3 years of experience in procurement and business development roles, preferably related to the transport industry
- You have strong negotiation skills, operational agility and solution-driven mindset
- You are able to work with data to define priorities, derive actionable insights and present results
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble and enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- You are fluent in French and English. German is a plus
What we have to offer:
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
- To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work:
- 1 additional month parental leave 100% paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
- a 45-min video-call with Teona, one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions.
- a 45-min video-call with our Lead Procurement Manager, Jonas Bisagni, who leads the procurement processes
- a 60-min “Sourcing Strategy” Case study (which you will be given 1 week to prepare for) to present to Jonas Bisagni and Louis Sachot, Head of OPs, to assess your sourcing strategy and negotiation skills
- a 45-min video-call with our VP Operated Busses, Aurélien Gandois to have a discussion around BlaBlaCar’s culture and mindset.
- Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.