Confirmed Data Analyst - Data Pro Supply
Paris or Remote from France /
Analytics – Data Analysis /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
The team’s mission is to make BlaBlaCar the go-to marketplace to book a long-distance shared ride. For this the Data Pro Supply team develop and run Data products to improve the efficiency and productivity of the Bus supply; including the Operated Bus in Western Europe and the Pro MarketPlace business unit in Eastern Europe and Brasil. We build dashboards and algorithms to optimise the bus operations, evaluate the demand and provide key actionable insights for the business teams.
By joining BlaBlaCar as a Data Analyst, you’ll make an impact on our Bus business units using data and find yourself at the crossroads of many expertises. Through your projects, you will be working closely with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Software Engineers. The services are now organized following Data Mesh principles, distributing data ownership to domain-specific teams that manage, own, and serve the data as a product. At the same time, you’ll join a well-rounded and experienced Data team working on a modern stack and you’ll belong to a larger internal community of 25+ analysts.
- Infusing a data-informed mindset to our Pro Supply strategy by working conjointly with the Business team to define, analyse and report on Business KPIs
- Providing actionable insights by investigation and exploratory analytics on the Operated bus and Bus Marketplace business units
- Partner with our Data science team to deliver a demand forecasting model and optimisation tools to improve our Bus operations
- Owning the Data Mart layer in a multidisciplinary team, working closely with your teammates from different data backgrounds: data scientists, data engineers, software engineers
- Building, improving, and maintaining a suite of Tableau dashboards and supporting data consumers to get autonomous in their usage of data
- At least 2 years of professional experience working as a Data Analyst
- Excellent command of SQL and some knowledge in applied statistics
- Proficiency in data visualization tools
- Experience in synthesizing and communicating data clearly
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy sharing and learning from others
- You are organized, results-driven, and are able to prioritize in a changing environment
- Fluent in English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth, and well-being at work:
- Full remote possible in the country of the role
- 1 additional month parental leave 100% paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like.
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, Hien Hoang, to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- a 45-min video-call with your future manager, Celia Fischbach, manager of the Data Pro Supply team, to get to know you and present you the team
- a home assignment to evaluate your technical skills followed by a 90-min video-call with Celia Fischbach + a Data Analyst and a data team member
- a 30-min video-call with Emmanuel Martin-Chave, VP Data
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.