Senior Front-end Developer - Operated Bus & Marketing Software
Paris or Remote from France /
Engineering – Front-end /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
The operated bus and Marketing Software team (7 people) is part of the Supply engineering team at BlaBlaCar.
We build and run unique and advanced tech solutions that improve the efficiency and productivity of our Operated Bus and Marketing (internal) users.
The tools we build help them to perform and improve customer experience every day.
You will be working on Eagle Planner. This product improve the optimization of the Operated Buses network (design, timetables…).
It helps design the most efficient bus network which is key for the Operated Bus activity. Efficient means that it matches the demand and takes into account the operational constraints to reduce costs.
Here is the stack we use: Java 17, Spring, Springboot, PostgreSQL, React, TypeScript, GCP, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, SonarCube, Datadog
- Define the Front-end architecture according to the technical standards at BlaBlaCar.
- Develop Front-end (80%) and Back-end (20%) features
- Participating in the design, development and maintenance of our internal tools, both on the Frontend and Backend side.
- Participating in the whole application lifecycle, meaning : early meetings, design, development, tests strategy, deployment to production, monitoring, alerting and support
- Interacting with people with different roles and backgrounds and sharing your technical expertise with a mix of technical, product and business experts
- Proven experience in building web application with React (TypeScript)
- Skills in back end object oriented programming language is a strong plus (preferably Java)
- Hands-on experience with developer tools like Git and Jenkins
- Product-oriented spirit with the ambition to deliver the best experience to our internal customers
- You have good communication skills (both verbal and written) you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficiency in French
- Good knowledge of service oriented architecture and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit and Mockito
- Experience with developer tools like Docker, Kubernetes, and monitoring solutions (Datadog)
- Experience working with GCP, AWS or any equivalent Cloud platform
- Familiar with databases, relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL ones (Google Datastore)
Nice To Have
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisionsTo know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well being at work
- 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call)
- 💰 A fair and competitive salary package
- 🚀Employee Stock Ownership plan
- 🎈Holidays:10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- 👶 Parental policy
- 🎒 Trainings & career development programs
- 🚗Free carpooling and 🚌 bus-rides wherever whenever
Here is what your hiring journey will look like
- A 45-min video-call with Arnaud Bonnin, Talent Acquisition Manager to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- A 60 min video-call with Damien Vouriot, Egineering Manager of the Operated Bus and Marketing Software Team
- A 90 min live exercice (45 min design case, 45 min code review) with Front-end Software Engineers
- A 60 min live coding with Front-end Software Engineers
- A 45-min video-call with our VP Sebastien Labat to validate the cultural fit
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.