Bus Operations Management Analyst (Italian required)
Operated Buses – Bus Ops Management /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel app enabling 26 million members a year to carpool or travel by bus in 21 countries. Our team of 800+ employees counts over 50 nationalities and is spread across our 5 global offices, 30% working fully remotely.
We are looking for a Bus Operations Management (BOM) Analyst to join the Bus Operations team in the Western Europe Bus department at BlaBlaCar. Their mission is to offer the best travel experience to bus passengers. As a Bus Operations Manager, your role will be to collaborate with the different internal stakeholders (especially Network Planning, Procurement, Ground Operations and Product teams) and bus partners to deliver great operational performance. You will be reporting to the Lead Bus Operations & Safety, and integrating a team of 4 people.
You are introduced after a partner has been identified for a given line and will be in charge of measuring the operational robustness of the carrier before the deal is signed, then preparing the partner for the launch and once the line is running, guiding partner regularly to make sure they are continuously committed to meet BlaBlaCar standards. Additionally, you will contribute to the improvement of processes and development of new tools to increase the quality and efficiency of operations.
As a BOM Analyst, you will manage bus partners to ensure they are continuously committed to delivering great operational performance (you are introduced after a partner has been found for the line), you will monitor the quality and the safety of operations and you will contribute to the development of new initiatives and the improvement of processes to increase passenger satisfaction.
- Onboard bus partners: validate partners’ operational robustness, oversee all logistical and technical aspects of launching new BlaBlaCar bus line by synchronizing with the different teams, discuss with partners on the line specificities and identify possible challenges, brief partners on BlaBlaCar processes including vehicle standards and driver tools, ensure all tasks partners need to perform prior to the launch are completed
- Engage bus partners: analyze partner performance, define and track shared improvement plans, be the go-to person for operational enquiries
- Operational performance analysis: monitor customer satisfaction, service quality indicators, compliance of buses and captains with our standards and share actionable results
- Own defined transversal tools and processes and contribute to their improvements
- You have an academic background in Business Administration, Engineering, Transport and Mobility, Quality Management
- You have excellent communication skills and can adapt to a large set of internal and external stakeholders
- You have strong analytical and presentation skills
- Full working proficiency in Italian, French and English
- Fit with our BlaBlaPrinciples
- Thriving in a collaborative, fast-growing and innovative environment
- Ability to take ownership, aligned with business priorities
- Nice to have : first experience (1-3 years) in an operational role or project management role
- Willingness to be in the field - travel 10-20% of the time to meet passengers, bus captains and bus carriers
What we have to offer
- 4 additional weeks of Maternity leaves and Paternity leaves paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Personal growth via trainings, mentorship, and internal mobility programs
- Employee Stock ownership plan
- Regular team building events
- Paid leave - Be The Member day
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride?
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, Hien Hoang to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 45-min video-call with Bus Operations Lead Vincent Ligot to deep dive into your people skills and experience in operations
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills, including a presentation to Bus Operations Managers Arthur Bertrand and Michela Congiu, Ground Ops Lead Adrien Bethuys
- a 30-min interview with our Head of Operations, Louis Sachot, for a final validation
Our hiring process lasts on average 25-30 days, offers usually come within 48 hours.
Not sure yet? Check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application.