Operations Excellence Intern (French & Italian required) - Jan 2024
Operations – Ops /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel app enabling 26 million members a year to carpool or travel by bus in 21 countries. Our team of 700+ employees counts over 50 nationalities and is spread across our 6 global offices, 30% working fully remotely.
We are looking for an Operations Excellence Intern to join the Operations team (25 members), part of the Operated Buses department, at BlaBlaCar. Its mission is to deliver the best travel experience to bus passengers.
As Operations Excellence Intern, your role will be to prepare for the peak travel season, which is the best time of the year to get your hands “dirty” and learn a lot about operations management within a dynamic and benevolent team. You will be reporting to the Bus Operations Lead Marie Guyot and working with a team of 6 members.
Each Spring/Summer, BlaBlaCar extends and intensifies its bus network which involves a great deal of preparation. The Operations team is introduced after a partner has been found for the line and is then responsible to translate a business agreement on a given route into a fully operational line compliant with BlaBlaCar service quality standards.
You will support the team in ensuring that all lights are green for the line launch while also being in direct contact with a selection of bus partners who will operate new bus lines.
- Monitor the progress of the launch preparation: Oversee all logistical and technical aspects of launching new BlaBlaCar bus line by synchronizing with the different teams in the business unit in order to ensure that all preparatory steps are well completed before the line launch, run operational routines to follow up on progress of account manager’s actions, share updated status and risks
- Onboard bus partners (account management): discuss with partners on the structure & specificities of the line to be operated and identify possible challenges, brief partners on BlaBlaCar processes, make sure that all tasks they need to perform prior to the launch are completed and all questions are addressed
- Analyze operational performance: support the team in the preparation of the department monthly meeting, bus partner meetings or ad hoc reports: monitor customer satisfaction, service quality indicators, compliance of buses and captains with our standards and present results
- You will need to travel ~10% of the time to meet passengers, bus captains and bus carriers
- You are studying Business Administration, Engineering, Transport and Mobility or any other relevant field
- You are comfortable with figures & reporting - you are proficient with spreadsheets fundamentals (data formatting, basic formulas, charts) and can analyze data
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You are curious, empathetic and have a high capacity to work with transversal teams and external stakeholders (ops colleagues, procurement managers, tech team, bus operators)
- Full working proficiency in French & English. You have working proficiency in Italian (B2 or above)
- Fit with our BlaBlaPrinciples
- Thriving in a collaborative, fast-growing and innovative environment
- Ability to take ownership, aligned with business priorities
- Having an internship agreement from your school or university is mandatory. We won’t be able to proceed with your application otherwise.
What we have to offer
- Salary range: 1,000 - 1,200 euros gross/ month
- One holiday per month
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Personal growth via trainings, mentorship, and internal mobility programs
- Regular team building events
- Mental health support through Moka.care
- Paid leave - Be The Member day
Interested in joining the ride?
- a 30-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, Hien Hoang to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with Bus Operations Lead Marie Guyot and Safety Leader Vincent Ligot to deep dive into your background and skills as well as a live exercice
- a 30-min video-call with Louis Sachot, Head of Operations for a final validation
Not sure yet?
Check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.