Manager Data - Pro Market Place (PMP)
Paris or Remote from France
Engineering – Management /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel app enabling 26 million members a year to carpool or travel by bus in 21 countries. Our team of 800+ employees counts over 50 nationalities and is spread across our 5 global offices, 30% working fully remotely.
We are looking for a Data Manager to join the Data PMP Supply squad at BlaBlaCar. Their mission is to provide dependable data and algorithms to our Pro Marketplace (PMP) business line. The Pro Marketplace includes all long-distance, professional ground transport options offered to BlaBlaCar’s passengers (buses and soon trains).As the Senior Data Manager, your role will be to lead the squad to successfully deliver their data products. You’ll also sponsor transversal initiatives in the Data department, e.g. Governance, Quality. You will be reporting to the VP Data and working with a team of 4 FTEs in 2024, inside a 50-strong Data department.
- You own the entire data perimeter for the business line: you’re directly accountable to your stakeholders for providing dependable data to inform their decisions.
- You lead the squad and its members towards collective and individual success.
- You build your squad roadmaps and execute it, both at the quarterly rhythm and over 2-3 years.
- You sponsor department-wide initiatives to improve governance, compliance and productivity.
- Min 2 years of direct managerial experience of a Data skillset (Data Analysts, Data Engineer, Data Scientists or ML Engineers).
- Proven track record of operating data products (warehouse, dashboarding or ML applications) for ops stakeholders.
- Strong analytical mindset. Your favorite question: “What problem are we trying to solve?”
- Thriving in a collaborative, fast-growing and innovative environment.
- Ability to take ownership, aligned with business priorities.
- Full working proficiency in English.
- Fit with our BlaBlaPrinciples.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- Full remote possible in the country of employment
- 4 additional weeks parental leave 100% paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- 25 days holiday per year + RTT
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Personal growth via trainings, mentorship, and internal mobility programs
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Regular team building events
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride?
- a 45-min video-call with your Talent Acquisition Manager Chloé, to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- you’ll receive a case study as a basis for questions during the interviews.
- a 45-min video-call with our VP Data Emmanuel Martin-Chave to test your managerial skills.
- a 45-min video-call with another Data Manager and one Ops stakeholder to explore team delivery and stakeholder management.
- a 45-min video-call with 2 team members to evaluate your communication skills.
- a 45-min video-call with our CTO Olivier Bonnet.
Our hiring process lasts on average 25-30 days, offers usually come within 48 hours.
Not sure yet? Check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application.