Vancouver, BC, Canada /
Studio – HR /
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a highly motivated HR Coordinator to join our team. You will be connecting with employees, planning and delivering people programs, utilizing HR technology to help us be more efficient, and working with the HR team, managers, and employees to foster a fun, inclusive, collaborative, and effective workplace. This role is ideal for someone who is searching for an exciting role in video games, loves connecting with people, has fantastic communication skills, a positive mental attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities with ease.
- Play an active role in fostering an inclusive, positive, and engaging culture by partnering with the HR team and various members of our cross functional team and to design, implement, and facilitate people and culture initiatives.
- Facilitate onboarding and orientation for all new hires through pre-hire communication, onboarding scheduling, and day 1 orientation to ensure a positive and engaging employee experience.
- Coordinate the relocation process.
- Maintain immigration checklists, reports, and communications to assist with managing the immigration process.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity, workflow configuration, data entry, reports, access & permissions, new module implementation in our HRIS (BambooHR), updating internal trackers, and partnering with our Finance team on changes that impact payroll.
- Review and maintain benefit and retirement & savings program and policies
- Liaise with benefit providers, acting as a central point of contact to resolve issues, launch new policy information and related materials
- Partner with the HRBPs to track and manage all leave of absence requests and medical accommodations
- Support the annual compensation process by assisting with the completion of compensation surveys, creating reports, and inputting data.
- Advise employees on policies and procedures, time off, and benefits programs.
- Besides onboarding, tracking employment life cycle changes
- Maintain and build out HR metrics through preparing, analyzing, and organizing HR reports.
- Partner with other members of the studio to create programs related to initiatives such as specific wellness workshops, retention strategies, benefits, and employee engagement activities.
- Work on HR special projects and perform other job-related duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- 2 years of relevant HR experience
- 1 years of full cycle recruitment experience or equivalent, preferably in a technical and/or start up environment
- Growth-oriented and adaptable to change, comfortable with ambiguity and using judgement, approaches situations with curiosity and openness to learn.
- Strong understanding of the regulations and policies of provincial labour standards
- Effective communication (both verbal and written) skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), HRIS, and/or ATS systems
- A high degree of flexibility to adapt to and effectively manage multiple priorities
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.