Vancouver, BC, Canada /
Production – Production /
Do you love it when a plan comes together? Are you able to look at a problem and identify the steps that are necessary to understanding and resolving that problem? Are you an expert at cross-platform game development through the entire production cycle? Do you love rallying and motivating a team towards shared goals to build a great game?
Blackbird Interactive is seeking a Producer to support feature delivery for a large IP. You will work with a talented team, help identify their needs, and move them from the earliest days of concept and prototypes into the full production and release.
- Establish and maintain schedules for game features and assets.
- Establish and assign tasks from game goals, and own the daily project management.
- Manage resource requirements, establish dependencies and balance priorities.
- Partner with technical and creative leadership to ensure project vision, deliverables and goals are clear.
- Maintain regular communication with project team and coordinate dependencies with stakeholders.
- Manage scope and quality, proactively assess and mitigate risk
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a producer/project manager capacity.
- Strong technical appreciation for software involved in the development of games, media or digital entertainment.
- Passion and enthusiasm for games and game development.
- Experience in various project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
- Effective communication skills across all levels and disciplines.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- University degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in cross-platform development environments.
- At least 2 shipped AAA game projects.
- Experience with Hansoft, JIRA, or other project management software tools.
- Lean/Agile certifications
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.