Animator - Cinematics (contract)
Vancouver, BC /
Animation – Animation /
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a creative new mind to help out and join our growing Cinematic animation team. You will be responsible for creating high quality animations for in-game cinematics. This is a contract position until the end of February 2021.
- Produce high quality animation related to film/Cinematics.
- Proficient in animating both realistic and stylized animation.
- Creating meaningful, readable animation based on defined cameras.
- Take direction from the Director and work with peers to maintain a coherent aesthetic thread throughout the project.
- Collaborate with the character team and designers to drive and ensure continued quality.
- 2-5 years experience
- Experience in Maya or equivalent animation package.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- A demo reel that demonstrates your animation ability for characters and vehicles.
- Excellent communication skills with both Creative lead and the rest of the team.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.