Senior Product Designer - Shopper Experience
BlackCart allows ecommerce shoppers to have the fitting room experience at home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to add items to their shopping carts, get them shipped to try at home for free, and automatically pay for only what they keep.
We are venture-backed, mission-driven and fast-growing, with our HQ in Toronto. Our try-before-you-buy platform enables ecommerce brands from around the world to drastically enhance their online performance by the way of improving their customers online shopping experience. Read more about us here
As a senior product designer at BlackCart, you will be involved at every step of product development, from brainstorming broad ideas to ensure design quality through launch. You will be paired with a senior product manager and together you will lead and own the BlackCart experience for our ecommerce shoppers.
As a qualified candidate, you have a track record of leading projects to successful outcomes for ecommerce shoppers and the business. You are a strong cross-functional partner, great communicator, and are able to take a solution from idea to implementation. You uphold a high quality bar and have a strong appreciation for the details. Above all, you approach problems holistically and create elegantly simple solutions to multi-faceted problems.
- Improve the shopper experience. You’ll work on projects from start to finish, while participating in various UX initiatives to define and explore shopper’s problems, content mapping, sketching, wire-framing, low and high fidelity prototyping, and leading stakeholder reviews.
- Speak directly with shoppers. You’ll proactively and regularly speak with ecommerce shoppers - your users. Data will be just one of the many tools you will use to help inform your work.
- Partner with product, sales and operations to help the team develop empathy for our shoppers and advocate for their needs.
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You will work closely with engineers, product managers, and customer success to explore, build and ship your designs. You will help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build and ship the best products.
- Proactively identify both small and large usability issues within your product area.
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed.
- Inspire the entire team (including your cross-functional) partners by bringing new ideas to the table
- 5+ years of experience working in UX, UI, HCI related field
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- Proficiency in cross-platform interaction design for native mobile and web applications
- Ability to break an ideal experience into deliverable milestones that each contain value and express quality
- Experience collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product and engineering
- Bias towards shipping quickly and constantly delivering value
- Excited about working in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- A deep empathy for the user, and tools to help others develop this empathy as well
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Sketch, Github, etc.
Nice to Have(s)
- Experienced in building customer applications related to retail experiences
- Experience retail and ecommerce platforms
- Experience building and managing online stores
- Experience with data analysis and data-driven design
You’ll be successful if you
- Base your decisions on facts and data
- Be proactive and have a hunger to learn
- Lead with humility and empathy
- Wholly own your craft and be an independent contributor
- Competitive salary
- Competitive stock options
- Full health benefits
- 500 Startups / venture backed company
- Casual work environment with extremely talented staff
- Ability to join an early stage for a one of the fastest growing startups with market validation and VC funding
- Toronto, Ontario, or
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.