Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Toronto / Remote North America)
Software Engineering /
BlackCart’s try-before-you-buy integration brings the retail fitting room experience home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to try products at home for free, and only pay for what they keep. BlackCart powered merchants see increased conversion and higher average order value and their customers can choose the products they love most without the upfront commitment. We were recently written up in TechCrunch!
We’ve raised over $10M from a long list of top-tier VCs, and have partnered with top ecommerce retailers such as Levi’s and Caraway with many more awesome retailers both big and small in the works. We are growing our team so we can continue to optimize the digital shopping experience!
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Senior Site Reliability Engineer who will own the development and deployment workflows and technologies. You will get the chance to be directly responsible for proposing, building, and integrating the tools and procedures our engineers rely on to be successful. You will be an integral part of ensuring we deliver quality releases to both merchants and customers.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, You Will:
- Report to our CTO, Matthew Chan, a veteran engineering leader.
- Be a valued member of our talented engineering team, working to enable streamlined development and deployment of code.
- Create CI/CD pipelines to configure and deploy to both staging and production.
- Own, operate, and improve infrastructure critical to our cloud (GCP) environment and engineering workflows.
- Work directly with the engineering team to help define and support their needs.
Why should you join BlackCart
- The role is first in the function here. You’ll play a critical role in making infrastructure choices, both short and long term.
- We offer competitive compensation including salary and equity. You grow as we grow!
- We have an awesome HQ in Toronto as well as a distributed engineering team - come work with us in person or work remotely!
- Full health benefits.
- BlackCart is a rapidly growing startup, poised to significantly transform the retail industry with our market leading Try-Before-You-Buy platform.
- 5+ years working with cloud infrastructure (ideally GCP), including deployment, maintenance, and observability.
- Experience building deployment pipelines leveraging CI/CD technologies (for backend and frontend applications, and data pipelines).
- Used Terraform or other Infrastructure-as-Code tools to stand up cloud environments quickly.
- Leveraged CDNs to improve site reliability and resilience.
- The ability to diagnose and resolve infrastructure issues and take appropriate actions to mitigate the chance of recurrence.
- A healthy appetite for tackling and solving challenging problems at scale.
Bonus Points if you...
Bring experience with retail and ecommerce platforms
Bring experience working in a high-growth startup environment
Love animals (It’s likely that our CHOs, Chief Happiness Officers – Harvey and Unagi – will be sitting in on your interview!)
Toronto, Ontario, or
Remote North America
If you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you'd be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet to a T
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.