Part-time Financial Controller
Finance and Accounting /
BlackCart is a try-before-you-buy platform for ecommerce brands. We integrate into online stores, enabling shoppers to try products at home for free, and only pay for what they keep. BlackCart-powered merchants see increased conversion and higher average order values by letting their customers choose the products they love most without upfront commitment. You can learn more about BlackCart here.
We have raised over $10M from a long list of incredible VCs, and is partnered with top ecommerce retailers such as Levi’s, Caraway, and Helix Sleep. We are growing our team so that we can continue to transform the way customers shop online.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced part-time Financial Controller to propel us into our next phase of growth, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including regulatory and financial reporting as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
As our Financial Controller, you will be managing all accounting and finance operations including financial risk management, partnering with department leads in business performance, monitoring of their budget, financial forecasts, and report variances, preparing and publishing timely monthly financial statements and managing and continuously updating the company financial model.
Reporting to the CEO, this position will allow you to be a valuable member of the executive leadership team.
- Support with accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Driving decision making across the company, and generating results
- Lead the preparation of board packets and slides for board meetings and board budget reviews, including financials and metrics reporting, administrative information, and key strategic topics for discussion
- Partner with the Executive Leadership Team and serve as our strategic financial expert
- Partner closely with People leaders to evaluate
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Work on ad-hoc projects as the need arises.
- Self-directed Finance leader with hands-on 5+ years’ experience in financial operations and accounting in the technology sector, ideally in one or more b2b technology, SaaS companies/ start-ups
- Extremely well organized and level of accuracy with a high attention to detail
- Strong desire to work and learn in a high-growth, start-up environment
- Outstanding analytical skills and Strong attention to detail in the compilation and review of analytic data
- Excellent interpersonal skills, expected to build strong and trusting relationships with both technical and commercial stakeholders
- The ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Initiative and drive in their decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all necessary stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial outlook and strategy to accounting and finance
- Experience with creating financial statements
If you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you would be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet.
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.