Senior Quality & Automation Engineer (Toronto / Remote North America)
Software Engineering /
BlackCart’s try-before-you-buy integration brings the retail fitting room experience home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to try products at home for free, and only pay for what they keep. BlackCart powered merchants see increased conversion and higher average order value and their customers can choose the products they love most without the upfront commitment. We were recently written up in TechCrunch!
We’ve raised over $10M from a long list of top-tier VCs, and have partnered with top ecommerce retailers such as Levi’s and Caraway with many more awesome retailers both big and small in the works. We are growing our team so we can continue to optimize the digital shopping experience!
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Senior QA Engineer who will lead initiatives to maximize product stability and reliability. You will get the chance to define and implement a strategy across both test automation and team processes to ensure the code we’re shipping is of the highest quality, ultimately producing a superior customer and merchant experience.
As a Senior QA Engineer, You Will:
- Report to our CTO, Matthew Chan, a veteran engineering leader.
- Be a valued member of our talented engineering team, working to ensure the long-term scalability and maintenance of our code.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to ensure the quality of our releases.
- Influence the direction of our products by identifying areas of the products that are adversely affecting reliability, scalability, or performance.
Why should you join BlackCart
- The role is first in the function here. You’ll have significant impact and responsibility to create our QA strategy.
- We offer competitive compensation including salary and equity. You grow as we grow!
- We have an awesome HQ in Toronto as well as a distributed engineering team - come work with us in person or work remotely!
- Full health benefits.
- BlackCart is a rapidly growing startup, poised to significantly transform the retail industry with our market leading Try-Before-You-Buy platform.
- 3+ years testing complex web applications.
- Familiarity with CI/CD for both backend and frontend deployments.
- Understanding of deploying to a cloud provider (GCP).
- A healthy appetite for tackling and solving challenging problems.
Bonus Points if you...
Bring experience with retail and ecommerce platforms
Bring experience working in a high-growth startup environment
Love animals (It’s likely that our CHOs, Chief Happiness Officers – Harvey and Unagi – will be sitting in on your interview!)
Toronto, Ontario, or
Remote North America
If you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you'd be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet to a T
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.