Executive Assistant to CEO
Finance and Accounting /
BlackCart is a try-before-you-buy platform for ecommerce brands. We integrate into online stores, enabling shoppers to try products at home for free, and only pay for what they keep. BlackCart-powered merchants see increased conversion and higher average order values by letting their customers choose the products they love most without upfront commitment. You can learn more about BlackCart here.
We have raised over $10M from a long list of incredible VCs, and is partnered with top ecommerce retailers such as Levi’s, Caraway, and Helix Sleep. We are growing our team so that we can continue to transform the way customers shop online.
About the Role
We are looking for our first, highly motivated Executive Assistant to join our team! As the Executive Assistant to the CEO, you will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative support. Focusing on research and analysis of key projects within BlackCart, you should be a proactive and extremely detail-oriented person with excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written skills, and unparalleled work ethic. This position reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for all business and personal related duties as delegated.
The Executive Assistant’s main duties include handling communication, scheduling meetings, organizing daily calendars, recording meeting minutes, managing external vendors and contractors, managing other administrative duties, and personal assistant duties as requested.
Ultimately, you'll be the person to make our company better as you should be able to identify and address the needs of our CEO and perform administrative tasks to ensure our company’s workflow runs smoothly while enabling the wider team to focus on the most important priorities.
- Coordinating daily calendars of the CEO. Manage the CEO’s appointments and events.
- Represent the CEO by welcoming visitors, reviewing correspondence; arranging company dinners and other functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the CEO.
- Help key executives with calendar management and administrative tasks
- Serve as liaison between the CEO and all internal and external stakeholders
- Arrange travel and meetings by developing itineraries and agendas; scheduling flights; booking other transportation; arranging lodging and meeting accommodations
- Create regular reports and update internal databases, as directed by the CEO
- Complete ad-hoc projects and special assignments as assigned
- Manage phone calls and emails
- Manage company documents via Google Drive, Coda, and Asana
- Personal assistant duties of Co-Founders may be required
- Working with the operations team, manage office operations upon return to the office.
- Proven work experience as an Executive Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant or similar role
- The ability to prioritize and multitask
- Proficient in using online calendars and cloud systems
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Knowledge of office procedures
Bonus Points if you...
- Bring experience with retail and ecommerce platforms
- Bring experience working in high-growth startup environments
Why should you join BlackCart
- We offer competitive compensation including salary and equity. You grow as we grow!
- We have an awesome HQ in Toronto and offer full health benefits
- BlackCart is a rapidly growing startup, poised to significantly transform the retail industry with our market-leading Try-Before-You-Buy platform
If you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you would be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet.
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.