Senior Product Manager - Merchant Experience
BlackCart allows ecommerce shoppers to have the fitting room experience at home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to add items to their shopping carts, get them shipped to try at home for free, and automatically pay for only what they keep.
We are venture-backed, mission-driven and fast-growing with our HQ in Toronto. Our try-before-you-buy platform enables ecommerce brands from around the world to drastically enhance their online performance by the way of improving their customers online shopping experience. Read more about us here
Product Management at BlackCart is a hands-on role. The product development process is an extremely collaborative effort. You’ll work with Engineering, Design, and other internal teams to decide what products we build and why we build them. Product Managers are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. They are passionate and entrepreneurial. They have founded their own companies, taken successful products to market, and established a track record of getting things done at scale.
This role is all about the merchant experience. Your sole focus would be to continuously improve our product experience for our merchants across every stage of their journey.
- Define, guide and execute the product strategy for the team based on market needs and feedback from different groups
- Identify customer problems and turn those insights into products that delight merchants
- Work with product managers at BlackCart to identify opportunities and deliver a consistent experience
- Collaborate with design and engineering on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high-quality products
- Define robust APIs and lead custom integrations with industry-leading ecommerce platforms
- Define clear success metrics and support your teams to achieve them
- Work and communicate with stakeholders from multiple disciplines across BlackCart
- +5 years of experience in product management
- A strong understanding of and experience working in the product management discipline
- Experience building out products and shipping at a high-growth technology company
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work across multiple projects, align on goals, and deliverables
- Experience collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers in an agile environment
- A technical enough background allowing you to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Ability to leverage data from internal systems as well as web analytics to determine opportunities for conversion improvement
- Obsession with continuous product improvement, beyond just shipping new products
- Ability to make good decisions quickly and to ruthlessly prioritize to deliver high impact fast
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills, being able to provide deliverables on time; ability to anticipate and resolve project roadblocks
- Ability to define and prioritize initiatives while working cross-functionally, and managing complex stakeholder relationships
- Empathy for the merchant and genuine excitement for solving merchant problems
- A growth mindset
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get things done.
Nice to Have(s)
- Experience founding and running your own company
- Experience retail and ecommerce platforms
- Experience building and managing online stores
- Experience with data analysis and data-driven design
You’ll be successful if you
- Base your decisions on facts and data
- Be proactive and have a hunger to learn
- Lead with humility and empathy
- Wholly own your craft and be an independent contributor
- Competitive salary
- Competitive stock options
- Full health benefits
- 500 Startups / venture backed company
- Casual work environment with extremely talented staff
- Ability to join an early stage for a one of the fastest growing startups with market validation and VC funding
- Toronto, Ontario, or
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.