BlackCart allows ecommerce shoppers to have the fitting room experience at home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to add items to their shopping carts, get them shipped to try at home for free, and automatically pay for only what they keep.
We are venture-backed, mission-driven and fast-growing with our HQ in Toronto. Our try-before-you-buy platform enables ecommerce brands from around the world to drastically enhance their online performance by the way of improving their customers online shopping experience. Read more about us here
As a Marketing designer at BlackCart, you will own all customer-facing assets, including, but not limited to web design, landing pages, ads, emails, sales collateral, pitch decks, and more. Reporting to the Marketing Lead, you will help drive customer and user acquisition and retention with effective design.
- Create various designs for company campaigns, social imagery, ads, and marketing collateral, across a wide range of mediums
- Iterate quickly and communicate ideas across various levels of fidelity
- Design with systems and scalability in mind, where components and templates can be re-used and built to scale, optimized across different devices and platforms
- Collaborate effectively with the Marketing team and as a cross-functional team member
- Create high-quality work that delights our merchants, meets company objectives, and reinforces our brand
- Produce and advocate for strong design solutions, communicating ideas to key stakeholders across the organization
- Work within the BlackCart Brand Guidelines, with an innovative approach to evolving the brand through forward-thinking design solutions
- Give and receive feedback constructively through design reviews
- BA/BS (minimum) degree in graphic design, marketing, communications or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Design experience, in house and/or agency and Demonstrated experience in advertising or marketing campaigns.
- Advanced knowledge of current graphic design (and related) software applications including InDesign Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat CC and Figma
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Proven ability to work autonomously and collaboratively
- Exceptional written communication, problem solving and management skills.
- Experience in proofreading
- Strong time management and project management skills
Nice to Have(s)
- Video editing and production experience is a bonus
You’ll be successful if you
- Base your decisions on facts and data
- Be proactive and have a hunger to learn
- Lead with humility and empathy
- Wholly own your craft and be an independent contributor
- Competitive salary
- Competitive stock options
- Full health benefits
- 500 Startups / venture backed company
- Casual work environment with extremely talented staff
- Ability to join an early stage for a one of the fastest growing startups with market validation and VC funding
- Toronto, Ontario
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce around the world, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, colour, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.