Director of Customer Experience
Customer Experience /
BlackCart allows ecommerce shoppers to have the fitting room experience at home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to add items to their shopping carts, get them shipped to try at home for free, and automatically pay for only what they keep.
We are venture-backed, mission-driven and fast-growing with our HQ in Toronto. Our try-before-you-buy platform enables ecommerce brands from around the world to drastically enhance their online performance by the way of improving their customers online shopping experience. Read more about us here.
The Director of Customer Experience will be responsible for driving customer engagement, streamlining customer experience workflows and providing effective continuous learning and enablement programs for the Customer Experience team at BlackCart.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Director of customer experience is critical to the success of an organization’s customer-centric vision and meeting business goals through delivering great customer experience.
The Director of Customer Experience will ensure the BlackCart platform experience is delivered in a timely manner, achieving business objectives for our customers by working closely with our customers, sales, marketing, product, engineering teams.
- Develop and manage the Customer Experience framework, tools and strategizing the consumer process and journey that are aligned with the company’s vision.
- Evaluate and analyze the departmental work process to spot opportunities to improve workflow and customer experience
- Manage and implement new technology to enhance and ease the customer experience
- Develop groundbreaking initiatives to create a unique Customer Experience environment for the company's network
- Develop KPIs, benchmarks, and other measures of success for a best-in-class customer experience.
- Analyze and implement new programs, tools, and resources to better deliver exceptional customer service
- Head the development of both online and offline Customer Experience Projects and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to create a smooth user experience.
- Acts as key stakeholder and consultant in customer experience initiatives across the company, advising on prioritization and design and measuring outcomes
- Manage the Customer Experience team to ensure quality customer service is provided on all levels
- Serve as the escalation path for customer support issues and proactively follow-up with unsatisfied customers to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction
- Collaborate cross-functionally on company-wide initiatives
- Experience in leading the customer service function at a senior level
- Track record for creating and executing customer service programs and initiatives and the ability to drive overall strategy and execute in the details
- Strong analytical, organizational skills and attention to detail
- A roll-up-their-sleeves approach to the design, development, implementation and measure of customer experience
- Ability to work in a startup environment
- Demonstrate Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey messages to a wide arrange of audience including team members, peers, and executives
- Proven ability to interface and effectively communicate with colleagues of all levels to drive actionable customer insights and feedback
- Able to inspire, engage, and motivate teams to achieve results and success
- Previous experience in online, eCommerce, and/or retail environment a definite asset
You’ll be successful if you
- Study and learn the business and its processes
- Put the customer first and always add value
- Be proactive and have a hunger to learn
- Lead with humility and empathy
- Be helpful by taking stuff off others’ plate
- Wholly own your craft and be an independent contributor
- Competitive salary
- Competitive stock options
- Full health benefits
- 500 Startups / venture backed company
- Casual work environment with extremely talented staff
- Ability to join an early stage for a one of the fastest growing startups with market validation and VC funding
If you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you would be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet.
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.