Software Engineering /
BlackCart’s try-before-you-buy integration brings the retail fitting room experience home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to try products at home for free, and only pay for what they keep. BlackCart powered merchants see increased conversion and higher average order value and their customers can choose the products they love most without the upfront commitment. We were recently written up in TechCrunch!
We’ve raised over $10M from a long list of top-tier VCs, and have partnered with top ecommerce retailers such as Levi’s and Caraway with many more awesome retailers both big and small in the works. We are growing our team so we can continue to optimize the digital shopping experience!
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Solutions Architect to efficiently offer BlackCart’s Try-Before-You-Buy functionality to as many partner merchants as possible.
Your goal will be to onboard partner merchants and integrate BlackCart’s solution deeply into the partner merchant’s e-commerce operations, from storefront to fulfillment.
You will be working closely with the core engineering team to ensure partner merchants have a smooth experience during onboarding. This will include, providing accurate timelines, resources required and coordinating efforts across different stakeholders.
As the product expert, you will be the main source of contract to work together with our merchant success team to ensure BlackCart's value proposition is communicated to our merchants and effective solutions are presented. You will be the eyes and ears of our partner merchants, bringing their needs to influence the core product / platform roadmap.
As an Solutions Architect, You Will:
- Deliver business review meetings with partner merchants to showcase the value of BlackCart.
- Provide technical support to our business development, merchant success and product teams, as the product expert.
- Gather feedback from partner merchants to improve the effectiveness of BlackCart’s onboarding process.
- Work with the product and the core engineering team to resolve business needs of the partner merchant as they arise.
- Continuously provide updates to stakeholders on onboarding timelines, progresses and potential risks.
- Work with Merchant Success and cross functional teams to drive operating model improvements and merchant experience during onboarding.
- Be on the forefront of industry best practices, think strategically about how BlackCart can add value to partner merchants.
- 5+ years of solutions engineering / architect experience in a fast growing SaaS product company.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or related equivalent experience.
- Experience in software development, application design and coding in various languages such as PHP, Golang, Python, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Proven technical sales skills, including ability to communicate technical and business requirements.
- Natural problem solver and works well in a demanding, deadline driven environment.
- Efficient communication skills, strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent project management skills is a must.
- Startup experience is a plus.
Why should you join BlackCart
- The role is first in the function here. You’ll have significant impact and responsibility to scale our world-class engineering organization.
- We offer competitive compensation including salary and equity. You grow as we grow!
- We have an awesome HQ in Toronto as well as a distributed engineering team - come work with us in person or work remotely!
- Full health benefits.
- BlackCart is a rapidly growing startup, poised to significantly transform the retail industry with our market leading Try-Before-You-Buy platform.
Bonus Points if you...
Bring experience with retail and ecommerce platforms
Bring experience working in a high-growth startup environment
Love animals (It’s likely that our CHOs, Chief Happiness Officers – Harvey and Unagi – will be sitting in on your interview!)
Toronto, Ontario, or
Remote North America
If you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you would be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet.
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.