Front End Engineer
Software Engineering /
BlackCart’s try-before-you-buy integration brings the retail fitting room experience home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to try products at home for free, and only pay for what they keep. BlackCart powered merchants see increased conversion and higher average order value and their customers can choose the products they love most without the upfront commitment. We were recently written up in TechCrunch!
We’ve raised over $10M from a long list of top-tier VCs, and have partnered with top ecommerce retailers such as Levi’s and Caraway with many more awesome retailers both big and small in the works. We are growing our team so we can continue to optimize the digital shopping experience!
About the Role
We are seeking a talented Front End Engineer who will be a key player in our engineering tea, supporting with key decision making about the architecture of our front end and the implementation of our merchant and client facing systems. From user-need driven feature sets to long-range infrastructure and architecture investments, you will get the chance to work for a world-class ecommerce software and services.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, You Will:
- Report to our CTO, Matthew Chan, a veteran engineering leader
- Work closely with leading ecommerce brands to build and integrate our try-before-you-buy flows in their store
- Be a valued member of our talented engineering team, writing clean, maintainable code with a focus on long-term scalability and maintenance.
- Collaborate with engineering and product leadership to build new end-to-end features and improve existing ones
- Work on the projects that support the technical direction of our products.
Why should you join BlackCart
- You’ll have a significant impact on the product frontend.
- We offer competitive compensation including salary and equity. You grow as we grow!
- We have an awesome HQ in Toronto as well as a distributed engineering team- come work with us in person or work remotely!
- Full health benefits
- BlackCart is a rapidly growing startup, poised to significantly transform the retail industry with our market leading Try-Before-You-Buy platform
- 3+ years experience building rich, complex web or mobile applications in React or Vue.js
- Experience building reusable, flexible components
- Familiarity with CI/CD for frontend deployments
- A healthy appetite for tackling and solving challenging problems
Bonus Points if you...
Bring experience with retail and ecommerce platforms
Bring experience working in a high-growth startup environment
Love animals (It’s likely that our CHOs, Chief Happiness Officers – Harvey and Unagi – will be sitting in on your interview!)
Toronto, Ontario, or
Remote North America
If you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you would be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet.
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.