Merchant Success /
BlackCart allows ecommerce shoppers to have the fitting room experience at home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to add items to their shopping carts, get them shipped to try at home for free, and automatically pay for only what they keep.
We are venture-backed, mission-driven and fast-growing with our HQ in Toronto. Our try-before-you-buy platform enables ecommerce brands from around the world to drastically enhance their online performance by the way of improving their customers online shopping experience. Read more about us here.
The Implementation Manager will be responsible for ensuring our merchant implementations stay on track and meet our merchant’s business needs and requirements and deliver on time with high quality. Reporting to the Director of Merchant Success and working closely with our Product, Customer Success and our Engineering team, the implementation manager will work directly with clients and potential clients, starting early in the sales process, to understand and document their requirements, to design the appropriate implementation process to meet those requirements while supporting the sales effort toward a profitable and strategically viable proposal. The Implementation Manager will also be responsible for pattern analysis and developing new processes to reduce the time and effort involved in merchant implementations.
- Draft and manage the implementation strategy for our merchants
- Manage implementation of merchants from pre-sale to launch.
- Provide a comprehensive demonstration of relevant BlackCart software capabilities and demonstrate how the product will provide business benefit and address strategic initiatives for our clients.
- Oversee Merchant Success and Engineering employees on implementation to ensure on-time delivery on software implementations.
- Develop project plans, track progress, and monitor roadblocks during the implementation phase.
- Coordinate with relevant internal and external stakeholders and team to clearly communicate client business requirements and timeline expectations, monitor implementation progress, provide client and internal stakeholders with regular project status updates, and deliver high quality and timely implementations
- Document data requirements and process workflows.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients throughout discovery and implementation phases; lead regular client calls/meetings and manage client expectations.
- Report regularly on status of implementations and potential issues project risks, develops mitigation plans, and escalate potential impediments.
- Collaborate with Director of Operations – PMO to identify key weaknesses and failure points in current project implementation plans and spearhead process improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field Management experience in a Software Implementation, client service, product management, project management, or business development role
- Motivated and proactive in creating and improving processes and workflows
- Ability to work independently and manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- A friendly professional demeanor and ability to excel in a highly collaborative team environment
- Detail oriented with excellent writing, communication, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Some knowledge of general software and data architectural principles is preferred
You’ll be successful if you
- Study and learn the business and its processes
- Put the merchant first and always add value
- Be proactive and have a hunger to learn
- Lead with humility and empathy
- Be helpful by taking stuff off others’ plate
- Wholly own your craft and be an independent contributor
- Competitive salary
- Competitive stock options
- Full health benefits
- 500 Startups / venture backed company
- Casual work environment with extremely talented staff
- Ability to join an early stage for a one of the fastest growing startups with market validation and VC funding
If you do not meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you would be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet.
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format.