Data Scientist, Machine Learning
The company + vision.
Everyone’s got the message: machine learning is changing everything. And for Fortune 500 brands in every vertical, it’s actually true — ML predictions are solving billion-dollar, migraine problems. But for smaller brands, the talent and investment needed to build an ML platform are simply out of reach.
Black Crow is changing that--fast. Founded by a team that has spent the last decade in machine learning, our mission is to help DTC brands turbocharge their growth by delivering bespoke, Fortune 500-grade ML predictions. It works out of the box, delivered as a service, and costs less than one data scientist. Integration: one click.
12 months ago, we had one DTC brand using our predictions. Now we have over 150 — including Solo Stove, SAKARA, Native, Keurig, and Bearaby. There are 50,000 more who haven’t heard of us yet.
Black Crow AI recently concluded a $25 million Series A led by top investors in the DTC and B2B SaaS sectors, and is well funded for multiple years
The team + culture.
This is the 3rd company Black Crow’s founders have started together. Both previous companies scaled to >$100MM and were voted ‘Best Places to Work’ in NYC many times.
The founders are building Black Crow to be commercially successful, high growth, and valuable. But that’s insufficient as an end--we’re also building a company that we actually want to work at! That means we are human first--we don’t expect anyone to transform themselves to show up at work. It means working together is a positive force in our lives, not something we tolerate for the paycheck. And it means we see diversity as a strength.
Black Crow AI is seeking an innovative Data Scientist to join as a charter member of our team. We’re taking off and expanding our top notch product team. You’ll have big, exciting responsibilities including developing new game-changing machine learning applications alongside our engineering and product teams, conducting product discovery with potential customers to inform the future potential use cases of our platform.
We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dive in to both get things done, and make improvements.
What you'll do.
- Develop algorithms and predictive models to solve critical business problems
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Analyze and interpret the results of product experiments
- Manage work prioritization by asking the right questions
- Identify new areas of innovation
- Communicate brilliantly and develop strong relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- Degree in math, statistics, engineering, or computer science
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a Data Scientist or similar position.
- Experience in feature extraction/development, feature engineering and using data mining tools.
- Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Familiarity with relational databases (SQL/PostgreSQL), as well as operational data tasks (ETL, business intelligence platforms)
- Experience in building machine learning/statistical models on large scale data with understanding of underlying ML Algorithms and ML life cycle.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language (Python, Java, Scala) and frameworks appropriate for large scale analysis of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with Apache Spark and cloud services like AWS is a plus.
- Strong passion for empirical research, good problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and execution-focused approach.
- Excellent written and spoken communication; can simplify complex topics into clear and impactful summaries and presentations
- Self-motivated and flexible - with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment
- Insatiable curiosity and love of learning.
Salary: $130,000 - $190,000
More about us.
+ Virtual-first and welcome employees from anywhere
+ Unlimited paid time off
+ Fridays are yours - complete flexibility on if or how much you focus on Black Crow each Friday
Love your job.
We love our work and our team. Our machine learning helps ‘flick the lights on’ for companies so they see their customers more clearly and can uncover the true potential of their tools and teams. In turn, we strive to do the same for our people. We’re here to shine light on each other and unlock known (and sometimes unexpected) potential.
Our vibrant team accomplishes buckets of awesome every day. We also partake in our fair share of daily laughter. Come build the company you’ve always wanted to work for - with inspiring products and a community of passionate people.