New York /
The company + vision.
Everyone’s got the message: machine learning is changing everything. And for Fortune 500 brands in every vertical, it’s actually true — ML predictions are solving billion-dollar, migraine problems. But for smaller brands, the talent and investment needed to build an ML platform are simply out of reach.
Black Crow is changing that--fast. Founded by a team that has spent the last decade in machine learning, our mission is to help DTC brands turbocharge their growth by delivering bespoke, Fortune 500-grade ML predictions. It works out of the box, delivered as a service, and costs less than one data scientist. Integration: one click.
12 months ago, we had one DTC brand using our predictions. Now we have over 150 — including Solo Stove, the RealReal, SAKARA, Native, Keurig, and Bearaby. There are 50,000 more who haven’t heard of us yet.
Black Crow AI recently concluded a $25 million Series A led by top investors in the DTC and B2B SaaS sectors, and is well funded for multiple years
The team + culture.
This is the 3rd company Black Crow’s founders have started together. Both previous companies scaled to >$100MM and were voted ‘Best Places to Work’ in NYC many times.
The founders are building Black Crow to be commercially successful, high growth, and valuable. But that’s insufficient as an end--we’re also building a company that we actually want to work at! That means we are human first--we don’t expect anyone to transform themselves to show up at work. It means working together is a positive force in our lives, not something we tolerate for the paycheck. And it means we see diversity as a strength.
Where you come in.
Black Crow is looking for an Engineer Manager to develop techniques to be used by Black Crow AI’s product engineering teams in preventing and in responding to incorrect behaviors and interactions in our software systems.
What you'll do.
- Research existing automated software testing and development tools and recommend to engineering management ways in which they might be extended to suit our specific use cases.
- Share the knowledge developed on software development and testing platforms through various methods, including technology presentations internal to Black Crow AI, local industry events, blog posts on Black Crow AI’s Internet site, and other documentation internal to Black Crow AI.
- Work closely with our product team to develop, maintain and improve solutions for our customers.
- Design, code, and execute automated test scripts and select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Prepare reports and documentation updates, and provide technical consultation on automation issues, tools and processes.
- Full-time telecommuting option available, must reside within the continental US.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering, or any other engineering field
- Five years of experience in software development and testing
- Proficiency in Manual Testing, Agile, Test Driven Development, Test Cases, Test Planning, Stress Testing, Load Testing, Functional Testing and Regression Testing
- Proficiency on all aspects of delivering working software, including analysis, design, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Proficiency in testing tools such as Cucumber, Selenium and testing frameworks Travis and TeamCity and building and maintaining infrastructure on cloud or other platforms
- Proficiency in preparing automation test cases and automation test development using Selenium/Web Driver
Location: New York, NY/Fully Remote/ Engineering/Full-Time
Salary: $150,000 - $190,000
More about us.
+ Virtual-first and welcome employees from anywhere
+ Unlimited paid time off
+ Fridays are yours - complete flexibility on if or how much you focus on Black Crow each Friday
Love your job.
We love our work and our team. Our machine learning helps ‘flick the lights on’ for companies so they see their customers more clearly and can uncover the true potential of their tools and teams. In turn, we strive to do the same for our people. We’re here to shine light on each other and unlock known (and sometimes unexpected) potential.
Our vibrant team accomplishes buckets of awesome every day. We also partake in our fair share of daily laughter. Come build the company you’ve always wanted to work for - with inspiring products and a community of passionate people.