The company + vision.
Everyone’s got the message: machine learning is changing everything. And for Fortune 500 brands in every vertical, it’s actually true — Machine Learning (ML) predictions are solving billion-dollar, migraine problems. But for smaller brands, the talent and investment needed to build an ML platform are simply out of reach.
Black Crow is changing that--fast. Founded by a team that has spent the last decade in machine learning, our mission is to help DTC brands turbocharge their growth by delivering bespoke, Fortune 500-grade ML predictions. It works out of the box, delivered as a service, and costs less than one data scientist. Integration: one click.
6 months ago, we had one DTC brand using our predictions. Now we have over 150 — including Solo Stove, the RealReal, SAKARA, Native, Keurig, and Bearaby. There are 50,000 more who haven’t heard of us yet.
The team + culture.
This is the 3rd company Black Crow’s founders have started together. Both previous companies scaled to >$100MM and were voted ‘Best Places to Work’ in NYC many times.
The founders are building Black Crow to be commercially successful, high growth, and valuable. But that’s insufficient as an end--we’re also building a company that we actually want to work at! That means we are human first--we don’t expect anyone to transform themselves to show up at work. It means working together is a positive force in our lives, not something we tolerate for the paycheck. And it means we see diversity as a strength.
Where you come in:
Black Crow AI is seeking a curious Data Analyst to join as a charter member of our team and help to grow our partner base. We’re taking off and expanding our top notch product team. You’ll have big, exciting responsibilities including suggesting existing product enhancement based on your analysis of our terabytes of data, paving the way for new product offerings, and collaborating with our Client Success team to ensure all of our partners get the best possible product experience.
We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dive in to both get things done, and make improvements.
What you’ll do:
- Be the go-to expert among a team of data-hungry product managers, engineers, and business managers
- Work with people throughout the organization to uncover new insights from our data
- Manage work prioritization by asking the right questionsCollaborate with the product, business, and functional teams to assess product performance and identify new areas of innovation
- Improve our business intelligence by building new easy-to-use reports in Looker
- Communicate brilliantly and develop strong relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- BA/BS; degree in mathematics, economics, finance or statistics is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in data analysis, preferably in tech or online industries
- Strong proven experience pulling data via SQL in high-volume, event-based logging systems
- Expert at ExcelExperience with business intelligence and dashboard generation
- Good problem solving skills and organizational skillsExcellent written and spoken communication; can simplify complex topics into clear and impactful summaries and presentations
- Self-motivated and flexible - with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment
- Insatiable curiosity and love of learning
Love your job.
We love our work and our team. Our machine learning helps ‘flick the lights on’ for companies so they see their customers more clearly and can uncover the true potential of their tools and teams. In turn, we strive to do the same for our people. We’re here to shine light on each other and unlock known (and sometimes unexpected) potential.
Our vibrant team accomplishes buckets of awesome every day. We also partake in our fair share of daily laughter. Come build the company you’ve always wanted to work for - with inspiring products and a community of passionate people.