Director of Product
The company + vision.
Everyone’s got the message: machine learning is changing everything. And for Fortune 500 brands in every vertical, it’s actually true — ML predictions are solving billion-dollar, migraine problems. But for smaller brands, the talent and investment needed to build an ML platform are simply out of reach.
Black Crow is changing that--fast. Founded by a team that has spent the last decade in machine learning, our mission is to help DTC brands turbocharge their growth by delivering bespoke, Fortune 500-grade ML predictions. It works out of the box, delivered as a service, and costs less than one data scientist. Integration: one click.
12 months ago, we had one DTC brand using our predictions. Now we have over 150 — including Solo Stove, the RealReal, SAKARA, Native, Keurig, and Bearaby. There are 50,000 more who haven’t heard of us yet.
Black Crow AI recently concluded a $25 million Series A led by top investors in the DTC and B2B SaaS sectors, and is well funded for multiple years
The team + culture.
This is the 3rd company Black Crow’s founders have started together. Both previous companies scaled to >$100MM and were voted ‘Best Places to Work’ in NYC many times.
The founders are building Black Crow to be commercially successful, high growth, and valuable. But that’s insufficient as an end--we’re also building a company that we actually want to work at! That means we are human first--we don’t expect anyone to transform themselves to show up at work. It means working together is a positive force in our lives, not something we tolerate for the paycheck. And it means we see diversity as a strength.
Where you come in:
Black Crow AI is seeking an experienced Director of Product Management to join as a charter member of our team and help to scale our core product. We’re taking off and expanding our top notch product team. You’ll have big, exciting responsibilities including coaching and developing our team of PMs, collaborating with sales performance strategy, and customer success teams to drive an incredible customer experience, and conducting product discovery with both existing and potential customers to inform how we grow our core product from here. You’ll also be responsible for the core business KPIs of our primary source of revenue. We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty and dive in to both get things done, and make improvements.
What you’ll do:
- Coach and mentor our team of stellar PMs
- Hire additional top notch PMs to join our team
- Conduct product discovery through conversations with customers and prospects to identify product needs and opportunities
- Manage work prioritization by asking the right questions
- Become an expert on our customer, our product and the market
- Assess product performance and identify new areas of innovation
- Assisting with quarterly planning and assigning objectives to product teams
- Collaborate with and provide support to commercial teams
- Communicate brilliantly and develop strong relationships at all levels, internally and externally
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ years experience at an internet-based product management role
- Proven track record of coaching and developing other people
- Proven track record over multiple years as an individual contributor product manager responsible for value and viability of solutions
- Proven ability to go deep and quickly learn new domains, as well as solid understanding of all major parts of the business
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Experience working with algorithms and/or data products
- Strong analytical skills; foundational knowledge of statistics, A/B testing and SQL
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence; self-directed and highly organized; adept at prioritization even amidst ambiguity
- Good problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication; can simplify complex topics into clear and impactful summaries and presentations
- Self-motivated and flexible - with ability to work in fast paced, changing environment
- Insatiable curiosity and love of learning
More about us.
+ Virtual-first and welcome employees from anywhere
+ Unlimited paid time off
+ Fridays are yours - complete flexibility on if or how much you focus on Black Crow each Friday
Love your job.
We love our work and our team. Our machine learning helps ‘flick the lights on’ for companies so they see their customers more clearly and can uncover the true potential of their tools and teams. In turn, we strive to do the same for our people. We’re here to shine light on each other and unlock known (and sometimes unexpected) potential.
Our vibrant team accomplishes buckets of awesome every day. We also partake in our fair share of daily laughter. Come build the company you’ve always wanted to work for - with inspiring products and a community of passionate people.