Cyber Underwriter – Hong Kong Lead
Hong Kong /
Pandamatics Underwriting /
The ideal candidate for the role will be based in Hong Kong, and will be able to serve a variety of functions within an insurance intermediary. The person who is selected for this position will be responsible for underwriting a portfolio of cyber insurance business, as well as developing and managing insurance agent relationships. While underwriting is a core component and function, networking, rapport-building, and ability to generate and maintain broker and distribution relationships are equally valued in this position.
Due to the technical solutions of Blackpanda Group to the market, this talented candidate must also be confident and agile in his or her ability to discuss cybersecurity as well.
Applicants without demonstrable insurance experience will not be considered. Compensation for the position includes significant equity award, and thus Blackpanda Group is looking and screening for only the most dedicated, motivated, and committed applicants wishing to become a long-term partner to the team.
- Collaborate with other specialists within the Blackpanda Group in implementing an APAC cyber underwriting strategy, with specific focus on the Hong Kong business.
- Develop and manage a profitable cyber insurance portfolio in Hong Kong within the parameters of pre-agreed authority.
- Maintain relationships and close rapport with Hong Kong insurance brokers and other insurance industry stakeholders in order to encourage the submission and placement of target business.
- Track and review legislation and regulatory changes, as well as market needs to determine required wording advancements and tailored insurance solutions.
- Collect relevant data and statistics to ensure accurate reporting to capacity providers.
- Compliance and Administrative duties associated with an MGA branch.
- Manage, and evolve if necessary, all MGA workflow and processes, including infrastructure, software and other necessary platforms associated with an MGA branch.
- Flexible and adaptable professional with meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability and preference to work-from-home in a highly decentralized, independent environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in English.
- Cantonese language skills to business fluency is strongly preferred; Mandarin language skills are also preferable.
- Ability to prioritise efficiently utilising analytical decision making
- Comfortable operating as a sole contributor or managing a team.
- Strong computer skills – specific proficiency with the Microsoft Office Package and Google Suite; other SaaS and CRM platforms such as Asana, Confluence, Slack; specific insurance software solutions such as BDX.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5 years commercial insurance experience required.
- Minimum 2 years management experience required.
- Exposure to cyber insurance and/or financial lines in a broking/underwriting/risk management capacity essential; qualified to occupy Responsible Officer role if required.
- Familiarity with the insurance market and insurance authority in Hong Kong.
- Hong Kong insurance qualifications and/or other qualifications of a similar caliber allowing for operations in Hong Kong, such as ACII, ANZIIF (Fellow), FCII, CLU, FIAA, FIA/FFA or FSA.
- Experience within an MGA or acting as an independent insurance agent preferable.
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or tertiary education institution, preferably in a related or relevant subject.
About PANDAMATICS UNDERWRITING
PANDAMATICS UNDERWRITING is a cybersecurity insurance intermediary based in Hong Kong and Singapore.