Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist
The role will principally involve building, developing and overseeing the Cybersecurity Incident Response capability for Blackpanda Limited ("Blackpanda"). The mission will involve maintaining deep, up-to-the-minute knowledge of latest developments in the global cybersecurity threat environment, and taking action upon activation to remediate cybersecurity attacks on JASR-brokered cybersecurity insurance policy-holders’ business processes, data, infrastructure, and stakeholders.
The candidate must either possess or build out a personal reputation of trust and credibility within the Philippine cybersecurity industry.
Being a modest, agile and fast-moving company, there will be a need for the candidate to be equally agile, and will be involved in associated tasks that leverage his/her skills, which will include acting as an internal CISO for Blackpanda itself as required.
- Establish Blackpanda’s cybersecurity incident response capability initially in Manila, but eventually across the Blackpanda business footprint.
- Lead and/or act as the primary technical expert in cybersecurity incident response actions.
- Stay current with the latest cybersecurity threat intelligence from multiple sources and how developments in the threat environment could bring harm to policyholders.
- For clients/policyholders, actively recommend and execute cybersecurity hygiene and other actions to evade, build immunity and preempt cybersecurity attacks.
- Identify breached and compromised systems and take action to stop attacks from spreading across the client infrastructures.
- Conduct forensics to identify and document data, resources, processes, and people compromised via cybersecurity incidents and recommend actions to repair, restore, cleanse, or compensate affected assets, persons, or organizations.
- Build a personal reputation within Blackpanda and its partners as a highly credible, trusted expert whose advice and counsel should be heeded and acted upon with thoroughness and urgency.
- Develop the capability to produce (i) a regular cybersecurity threat and incident review; (ii) a periodic threat intelligence digest, that can be understood by non-technical persons and/or legal and compliance managers with minimal editing and up-leveling.
- Assist clients in preparing contingency plans and checklists designed to expedite diagnosis and effective response to cybersecurity incidents and compromises.
- Evaluate, advise and make recommendations for acquisition of IT and cybersecurity products and services.
- Reasonably maintain 24x7 personal availability to respond to cybersecurity incidents and emergencies.
- Expert knowledge of tools and techniques used to detect and diagnose cybersecurity indications of compromise and attacks.
- Ability to quickly develop intimate knowledge of physical computing assets, software, and third party (i.e. “cloud”) services deployed and consumed at client locations and their potential points of compromise and failure.
- Front line experience working with teams and programs in organizations of scale and business focus similar to Blackpanda.
- Ability to communicate highly technical, actionable information to audiences ranging from technically astute peers to non-technical business managers and leaders (including C-Suite level persons).
- Maintains social, ethical, professional and organizational standards and values, always honors commitments.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in front line cybersecurity roles, including work in a Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electronic engineering, or equivalent subject areas with formal coursework or training in cybersecurity, digital forensics, and/or data protection.
- Current holder of CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) and GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) – or equivalent. Additional cybersecurity-related certifications are advantageous.
- Familiarity with legal and/or compliance requirements related to cybersecurity incident response and reporting.
Blackpanda (www.blackpanda.com) is an elite, special risk insurance and consulting group headquartered in Hong Kong, focused on serving the Asian market. The company enables economic investment into high-risk, emerging markets by providing risk management solutions to its clients across a variety of industries. Additionally, the Blackpanda Group also includes Jing An Special Risks (“JASR”) (www.jasr.com), an insurance provider which specializes in special risk and bespoke insurance packages for emerging markets.
Though JASR only launched in 2018, it has already secured a cybersecurity insurance lineslip from a leading underwriter, and obtained a full insurance brokerage license in the Philippines. JASR is thus able to offer cybersecurity insurance and concomitant response services.