Cybersecurity Incident Response Specialist SG
The role will principally involve building, developing and overseeing the Cybersecurity Incident Response ("IR") capability for Blackpanda Limited ("Blackpanda"). The mission will involve maintaining deep, up-to-the-minute knowledge of latest developments in the global cybersecurity threat environment, and taking action upon activation to remediate cybersecurity attacks on our insurance-brokered cybersecurity insurance policy-holders’ business processes, data, infrastructure, and stakeholders.
The candidate must either possess or build out a personal reputation of trust and credibility within the cybersecurity IR industry.
Being a modest, agile and fast-moving company, there will be a need for the candidate to be equally agile, and will be involved in associated tasks that leverage his/her skills to solve challenging intrusion cases for Blackpanda’s clients.
- Establish Blackpanda’s cybersecurity incident response capability initially in Singapore, but eventually across the Blackpanda business footprint.
- Lead and/or act as the primary technical expert in cybersecurity incident response investigations.
- Stay current with the latest cybersecurity threat landscape and how developments in the threat actors could bring harm to policyholders.
- For clients/policyholders, actively recommend and execute cybersecurity hygiene and other actions to evade, build immunity and preempt cyber attacks.
- Identify and validate breached and compromised systems and take action to stop attacks from spreading across the client infrastructures.
- Conduct forensic investigations to identify and document data, resources, processes, and people compromised via cybersecurity incidents and recommend actions to repair, restore, cleanse, or compensate affected assets, persons, or organizations.
- Build a personal reputation within Blackpanda and its partners as a highly credible, trusted expert whose advice and counsel should be heeded and acted upon with thoroughness and urgency.
- Develop the capability to produce (i) a regular cybersecurity threat and incident review; (ii) a periodic threat intelligence digest, that can be understood by non-technical persons and/or legal and compliance managers with minimal editing and up-leveling.
- Assist clients in preparing contingency plans and checklists designed to expedite diagnosis and effective response to cybersecurity incidents and compromises.
- Evaluate, advise and make recommendations for acquisition of IT and cybersecurity products and services.
- Reasonably maintain 24x7 personal availability to respond to cybersecurity incidents and emergencies.
- Expert knowledge of tools and techniques used to conduct of disk forensics, network forensics, log analysis and malware triage in support of incident response examinations.
- Recognize the tactics, technique and procedures (TTP) of threat actors and able to develop scripts and create tools for quick identification of threat agents in a compromised network.
- Ability to quickly develop intimate knowledge of physical computing assets, software, and third party (i.e. “IaaS, PaaS and SaaS”) services deployed and consumed at client premises and their potential points of compromise and failure.
- Front line experience working with teams and programs in organizations of scale and business focus similar to Blackpanda.
- Ablility to help with scoping prospective engagements, leading a complete incident lifecycle (i.e. Preparation, Detection & Analysis, Containment Eradication & Recovery, Post-Incident Activity) for all levels of Blackpanda’s clients.
- Ability to communicate highly technical, actionable information and develop reports to audiences ranging from technically astute peers to non-technical business managers, legal counsel and leaders (including C-Suite level persons).
- Maintains social, ethical, professional and organizational standards and values, always honors commitments.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in front line cybersecurity roles.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, electronic engineering, or equivalent subject areas with formal coursework or training in cybersecurity, digital forensics, and/or data protection.
- Current holder of CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional) and/or GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification, such as GCIH or GCFA) – or equivalent. Additional cybersecurity-related certifications are advantageous.
- Familiarity with legal and/or compliance requirements related to cybersecurity incident response and reporting.
Blackpanda (www.blackpanda.com) is Asia's first combined cybersecurity insurtech and incident response company, specializing in localized coverage. Through its combined services and insurance business, Blackpanda has developed a unique, proprietary cyber incident response solution that is insured, joint and local. It is the first of its kind globally.