Senior Broker, Cyber Insurance
The ideal candidate for the role of Senior Broker, Cyber Insurance will be based in Hong Kong and able to serve across a variety of functions within an insurance intermediary, to include insurance brokering, product development and brokering administration.
Applications without demonstrable insurance experience will not be considered.
- Submit coverage specifications and obtain quotes from carriers, negotiate with insurance markets, bind coverage and be responsible for the accuracy of bound programs & the follow-ups on open items and subjectivities
- Review contracts, policy endorsements and other documents to provide feedback to clients on insurance-related issues
- Identify and develop insurance and reinsurance markets to place out cyber risks
- Oversee policy administration and renewal activities
- Collaborate with Business Development to create new product & services, policy enhancement and contribute to business growth targets
- Develop and define go-to-market strategy for specific special risks insurance products
- Keep current on technical & regulatory issues in cyber insurance as well as trends in the overall marketplace that affects policy coverage, pricing and underwriting.
- Administrative duties: collecting insurance premiums, maintaining proper computer records of all transactions, preparing reports for insurance underwriters, managing claims process for clients
- Assisting in regulatory compliance aspects with Compliance team
- Minimum 7 years commercial insurance experience required
- Experience with, and interest in cybersecurity and technology insurance products is strongly desired
- Experience with special risksSkills insurance products is strongly desired
- Sound technical insurance background and knowledge required
- Hold relevant general insurance intermediary qualifications and/or licenses mandated by the insurance regulatory authority
- Knowledge of coverage of professional/financial lines, insurance contracts and wordings; PI and D&O backgrounds would be well suited
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum
- Flexible and adaptable – prior experience at an early stage venture a plus
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
- Meticulous attention to detail, refined organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure
- Must have strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office Package, Google Suite, additional Software-as-a-Service platforms (i.e. Slack, Asana, Box)
Blackpanda's insurance group is founded by career Lloyd’s of London underwriters, brokers, and agents — a combined experience of over 100 years and over US$100B+ USD of coverage placed.
The Blackpanda Group includes an insurance brokerage specializing in cybersecurity; each policy sold includes bespoke Blackpanda cyber security incident response services, all covered by the policy itself. Forward thinking companies concerned about their physical or cyber security will seek to purchase financial security or an insurance product that lowers the cost of the response services, a product which can also provide both indemnity coverage and up to 100% of Blackpanda and any other response partner’s response fees and travel expenses 24/7/365; without such insurance, these fees may be costly.