Senior Tax Associate
San Antonio, TX /
Accounting – 151- Accounting /
We are Black Rifle Coffee Company, a veteran-owned company serving premium coffee to people who love America. We have a passion for coffee, the veteran community, dogs, the outdoors... in short, if it makes our country awesome, then we love it. Our customers always come first, because without them we would have nothing. They have our eternal gratitude for that. We sell awesome coffee and make goofy videos, but the beating heart of Black Rifle Coffee is really in giving back — it's about serving those who serve us. That means supporting the military, veteran, and first responder communities in the ways we know best. As far as the folks who work here, we value integrity, innovation, radical transparency, a crazy good work ethic, and a deep love for our country and each other.
Responsible for assisting with the execution of the Company’s tax strategy. Performs functions related to compliance, reporting, payment of all corporate taxes for BRCC (including sales and property taxes), and supports the Company’s third-party tax consultant to ensure all federal and state tax filings are completed timely. Assists in the completion of period-end accruals, and other financial reports provided to management. Supports the external audit process. Maintains an understanding of current tax regulations and US GAAP and how it applies to the Company. Performs special projects as necessary.
- Assists with the preparation of Company’s quarterly and annual tax filings with Company’s external tax consultants.
- Responsible for critical analysis of business transactions and recommendations for tax treatment.
- Coordinate with property tax consultants for their preparations of renditions and estimates for monthly accrual.
- Oversee the Company’s sales tax filings and related processes, including resolving state notices for sales/use tax, applying for sales tax permits, preparation of monthly sales tax returns, providing resale certificates to vendors and review of customer resale exemption certificates.
- Work with internal partners to ensure sales tax parameters within its third-party software is established in according to tax regulations
- Prepare monthly journal entries for month-end close process as it pertains to property, sales, business taxes, and other indirect taxes
- Assist with sales and income tax audits by tax authorities
- Research and analyze federal and state tax laws to determine implications to the Company.
- Work with payroll, legal, IT, and other internal departments on tax related matters
- Assists with providing documentation to internal and external auditors
- Performs special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or a bachelor’s degree in related field
- 3-5 years of experience in federal, state, and local tax preparation and accounting
- Strong technical knowledge of US sales tax and tax compliance softwares
- Supports process improvements to improve operating efficiency and supports their implementation
- Must have proficient Microsoft Office skills
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Netsuite ERP System or Other ERP general ledger software
- Experience with Avalara Sales Tax Software
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Physical Requirements:
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days may vary. This position may require long hours and may require weekend work. This employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear (e.g. customers, vendors, other employees). The employee is occasionally required to sit (e.g. computer work). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (e.g. reading reports), distance vision, color vision, depth perception, (e.g. video/photo footage), and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Please note that only Full Time, W2 Employees are eligible for Black Rifle Coffee Benefits
• Comprehensive medical, dental & vision package
• 401k with company match
• Company-paid life insurance + supplemental options
• Short and Long-Term disability options/coverage
• Extensive EAP program with legal coverage
• Pro-deal discounts with corporate partners in outdoor equipment, clothing, etc.
• American values-based culture built on freedom, integrity, accountability, respect, love, and commitment to serve those who have served.
BRCC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law. All selected candidates will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check.