Director of Inventory Accounting (Hybrid- Multiple Locations)
San Antonio, TX /
Accounting – 151- Accounting /
We are Black Rifle Coffee Company, a veteran-founded company serving premium coffee to people who love America. We have a passion for coffee, the veteran community, dogs, the outdoors... in short, if it makes our country awesome, then we love it. Our customers always come first, because without them we would have nothing. They have our eternal gratitude for that. We sell awesome coffee and make goofy videos, but the beating heart of Black Rifle Coffee is really in giving back — it's about serving those who serve us. That means supporting the military, veteran, and first responder communities in the ways we know best. As far as the folks who work here, we value integrity, innovation, radical transparency, a crazy good work ethic, and a deep love for our country and each other.
Black Rifle Coffee Company seeks a Director of Inventory to join our Accounting and Finance team. The Director of Inventory Accounting will provide support to the Accounting Department and Operations of the Company. The Director of Inventory Accounting oversees and manages the product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory accounting of the Company. The Director of Inventory Accounting supports the external audit process, and maintains an understanding of US GAAP and how it applies to the Company. The Director of Inventory will design and implement inventory processes and procedures and will perform special projects, as necessary.
*Must be located in one of the following areas: Salt Lake City, UT; San Antonio, Dallas, Houston, Austin, TX
- Oversee the Company’s multi-location inventory, including manufacturing, warehousing, and retail locations, working with operations to manage exponential growth
- Recommend and implement policies, processes, and procedures that support and ensure accurate records of inventory activities and status
- Oversee the integrity of inventory records to analyze complex transaction histories to identify and resolve discrepancies
- Work with Inventory Controls team to streamline the 3rd party warehouse and co-manufacturing inventory reporting
- Work with management to define and refine consistent inventory metrics and reporting
- Provide detailed root cause analysis for variances, inventory KPI’s, and metrics
- Work closely with procurement, operations, and warehouse teams on matters relating to purchase order creation, receiving, and resolving discrepancies, issues, and errors
- Oversee and review the setup of new raw material, packaging, WIP, and FG items in an ERP system.
- Oversee and review the creation of BOM’s and maintenance of period cost rolls/updates.
- Develop processes to update and monitor standard costs of materials
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and report on variances from standard costs, understanding root cause and corrective actions
- Lead and manage the excess and obsolete inventory review process
- Conduct monthly general ledger account analysis to spot trend variances or identify potential misstatements
- Manage the Senior Cost Accountants and review their monthly journals and recons
- Oversees the reconciliation of prepaid inventory
- Implement procedural and policy changes to improve departmental efficiency
- Perform any general or ad-hoc inventory-related activities upon request of the management
- Work with external auditors on a quarterly and yearly basis regarding all aspects of Inventory and related costs
- Continuously assessing the control environment as part of SOX compliance
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Review and analyze Company’s shipping and fulfillment costs by working with the company’s supply chain team
- Review 10-Q and 10-K financial statement disclosures pertaining to inventory for completeness and accuracy
- Work closely with other departments in implementing new processes and procedures related to manufacturing and warehouses
- Supervise, train, and develop other accounting team personnel
- Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations and reduce costs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 10+ years of inventory accounting experience required.
- ERP experience required (preferably NetSuite). Experience with ERP implementation preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Strong grasp of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Must be willing to “roll up his/her sleeves” and complete tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to handle and work in high-pressure and time-sensitive situations
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Confident knowledge of the values of BRCC.
- US Military Veteran a plus
*Please note that only Full Time, W2 Employees are eligible for Black Rifle Coffee Benefits
• Comprehensive medical, dental & vision package
• 401k with company match
• Company-paid life insurance + supplemental options
• Short and Long-Term disability options/coverage
• Extensive EAP program with legal coverage
• Pro-deal discounts with corporate partners in outdoor equipment, clothing, etc.
• American values-based culture built on freedom, integrity, accountability, respect, love, and commitment to serve those who have served.
BRCC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law. All selected candidates will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check.