Mountain View, CA
Blackstorm is on the hunt for Software Engineers to help us build the social games that guide the development of the world's best mobile game engine. We are a 30 strong and growing team with offices in Mountain View, California and Tokyo, Japan. If you want to join us to make fantastic game experiences on cutting edge technology and truly make an impact, then we want to talk to you!
Our studio and culture is passionate about producing the best social games in the world! Blackstorm is a full team of in-house artists, designers, and engineers. Our core technology is democratizing mobile game development using HTML5 to allow developers to build a game once and launch seamlessly on any and all mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) while leveraging social graphs on social messenger apps.
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team.
- Play a critical role in day-to-day coding, performance profiling, optimization, and general troubleshooting.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements.
- Architect and code sophisticated client/server systems for mobile gaming.
- Learn from and mentor other engineers on your team.
- Take ownership of your projects to make them the best they can possibly be.
- Provide valuable input on the company's long term engineering roadmap and help identify areas of opportunity for improvement.
- Define the cutting edge of social gaming!
Desired Skills, Experiences and Attributes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code with a special focus on mobile performance.
- Solid familiarity with 3rd party SDKs, analytics, and A/B testing in mobile games.
- Ability to interact with peers in a constructive and productive style.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Familiarity with git, svn, or other VCS.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, product managers, and other developers.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.