Mountain View, CA
Art & Design
We're a small company doing big things, so you'll be working on a wide range of tasks; UI, character design, animation, illustration, and marketing just to name a few. You will work with top tier artists and engineers to make your dent in the mobile universe!
The artist role at Blackstorm is pretty unique compared to other companies. We work on a wide variety of projects with varying styles and game mechanics, so you’ll be able to explore different genres and learn new techniques. An ideal candidate can take ownership over a game and do whatever it takes to create games that clearly stand out from the pack, while working closely with their fellow artists, product managers, and engineers to make sure they are aligned with the high standards we strive for.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Develop beautiful, fun game experiences, and associated marketing and promotional initiatives with creative design.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Responds well to artistic direction but get the work done with minimal supervision.
- Manage responsibilities across multiple projects.
- Great concept art skills with an eye for composition and color.
- Must have experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Knowledge of Flash is a plus.
- Some prior production team experience; Previous work at a gaming company a major plus, but understand that we may have different requirements from previous companies to fit our needs.
- Motivated, driven, and excited about design and game art, particularly casual game art with broad appeal.