Studio Game Engineer
Mountain View, CA
Blackstorm is on the hunt for stellar Game Engineers to help us build mobile social games in HTML5 on the world's best mobile game engine. We are a 30 strong and growing team with offices in Mountain View, California and Tokyo, Japan. If you want to join us to make fantastic game experiences on cutting edge technology and truly make an impact, then we want to talk to you!
Our studio and culture is passionate about producing the most top quality and highly entertaining social games in the world while having fun! Blackstorm is a full team of in-house artists, designers, and engineers. Our core technology is democratizing mobile game development using HTML5 to allow developers to build a game once and launch seamlessly on any and all mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.).
As a Game Engineer at Blackstorm, you will build games internally on top of our cutting-edge and open source HTML5 devkit. In addition to building kickass mobile games, you will play a pivotal role in creating a platform which will revolutionize the future of game development.
- Be responsible for designing, developing and deploying major game features
- Own game feature areas from end-to-end
- Be the champion for the user! Insist on the highest standards and create functional and engaging features that will delight our users
- Be part of a tight game development team looking to iterate fast on a fun concept and then building it out
- Have real input on end-user product
- Be a key member of a high performing software engineering team
- Collaborate with design, engineering and production teams to devise optimal engineering solutions to game requirements
- Hands on architect and coder for sophisticated client/server systems for mobile gaming
- Innovate and iterate on process, systems and technology to deliver world-class social games
- Be a leader; Identify and articulate technical and production risks and obstacles, as well as generate solutions!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross functional teams.
- Proven effectiveness in directing or delivering production software for high quality games with at least one shipped game product of which you were a primary contributor (self published titles are acceptable).
- We expect you to be good at using script debuggers like Chrome Debugger.
- You must be pretty knowledgeable with what jQuery can do, and what functionality you are better off custom coding.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Advanced software engineering skills, including the ability to write maintainable and robust code in a popular object oriented language.
- Solid familiarity with 3rd party SDKs, analytics, and A/B testing in mobile gamesFamiliarity with git, svn or other VCS.
- Self starter, analytical and creativeStrong team player with a positive attitude.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, product managers and other developers.
- Check out Everwing on Facebook Instant Games in Messenger. Can you build this game?
- Canvas animation work
- 2+ years of game development experience with multiple shipped titles
- Both Android and iOS game development experience
- Specialized skills in a particular area of game development (for example: UI, Physics, graphics, multiplayer, game logic, etc.)