Senior Software Engineer - Backend
San Mateo, CA /
Blameless is an end-to-end Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) platform that enables and accelerates proactive and reactive incident management so engineering teams can balance reliability and innovation. Our software helps you set and monitor SLOs and SLAs, coordinate and automate incident response, identify root causes, and create a culture of learning and improvement across your organization. Our platform includes a bot that automates to faster resolution, an API to track and manage SLAs, and a web app to stay on top of key metrics, manage problems, track action items, and assess the reliability of your business. Blameless, based in San Mateo, is backed by Accel and Lightspeed Ventures.
We're looking for an exceptional Backend Engineer to join our team. You’ll play a vital role in developing new features and optimizing our capabilities. Working collaboratively with our founding team of talented engineers, you’ll inform the continued evolution of our platform and be a central contributor to the next phase of meteoric growth. You’ll build and iterate the backend systems that power our platform, scale highly distributed systems, and drive products forward that delight our users.
- 5+ years’ experience developing and supporting backend production services
- Comfortable with Docker, Kubernetes, and working with hosted services in Google and/or Amazon
- Experience working in a microservice architecture. We’re flexible on specific programming languages, but expect that you have spent much of your time programming in some language (Python, Golang, Typescript etc.).
- Strong familiarity or experience with Python, Golang or Typescript and Shell preferred, but not required
- Exceptional work ethic and an innate passion for Blameless’ work
- Thoughtful, data-driven, and confident in decision-making
- Excel in a collaborative team, while also driving independent results
- Thrive in dynamic environments requiring prioritization of numerous competing demands. Strong attention to detail, eye for accuracy, and unrivalled multi-tasking abilities
- Comfort working with a distributed team
- Ability and willingness to write clear design docs, present at meet-ups, attend conferences, etc.
- Willingness to interface directly with customers and help gather requirements
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field; Relevant Master degree a plus
The Impact of this Role
- Help us design and build our early-stage company
- Accelerate our efforts towards product-market fitInfluence an open, productive and effective culture
- Learn about operating a startup, fund-raising and scaling teams
- Grow your career exponentially by joining a rocket ship
Blameless is a rapid growth startup headquartered in San Mateo. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to a team defined and empowered by diversity. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status. https://www.blameless.com/about