Full-time Contract /
Blanc Labs is a premier partner for global enterprises, leading the way in digitization, automation, and the development of next-generation digital products and services. Our expertise in digital transformation powers businesses to accelerate service delivery, drive customer engagement, and foster growth.
As an AI/ML Engineer at Blanc labs you will play a crucial role in shaping the future of Machine Learning and Data Science requirements of our clients and actively contribute to the success of the AI/ML transformation. Within the Enterprise Data Management Team of our Data & Analytics organization, you will help our business units to design, build, and maintain knowledge-based systems driven by the vision to enable everyone to effectively find, learn, share, & innovate throughout the enterprise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and apply algorithms based on Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning (LLMs like GPT/ChatGPT), & Knowledge Graphs to extract, process & analyze information from unstructured documents
- Develop and apply algorithms for classifying, extracting, and redacting structured, semi-structured, and unstructured documents.
- Work in a team with data scientists, data & knowledge engineers, software developers, and product owners to create scalable, reusable and performant data-oriented applications. e.g., document understanding, chatbots, recommender, search
- Convey technically difficult concepts in a clear and understandable way, translate business needs to technical specifications, and provide guidance for applying natural language processing & machine learning to the management and sales team.
- Evaluate the latest methods and technologies and support the design of the data & analytics platforms and governance infrastructures
- Continuously improve quality and performance while owning applications from idea to operations
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- At least 1 year of working experience in applying natural language processing in a business-relevant context, in production environments
- Expert understanding of Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning / Deep Learning as applied to Natural Language (e.g., LLMs)
- Experience in Intelligent Document Processing classification and extraction algorithms and techniques is a plus.
- Experience in any search (e.g., based on Elasticsearch, MongoDB), semantic technologies (e.g., Vector Databases), and chatbots is considered a plus - An independent, solution-oriented and team-oriented way of working, not afraid to take on responsibility
- Strong desire to learn & upskill at the intersection of data, science & industry Experience with the following is welcome and considered a plus
- Cloud technologies like Microsoft Azure (e.g., Databricks, Azure DevOps, Azure ML) - CI/CD using e.g., git, Jira, docker, Azure MLOps
- Agile software development using Scrum/Kanban
Blanc Labs is enabling a digital future. Headquartered in Toronto, we partner with clients in North & South America to digitize and automate their operations and build their next generation of digital products and services. We empower clients to enhance their digital offerings and bring creative solutions to the market faster. Learn more at www.blanclabs.com.
Blanc Labs is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodations within reason due to a disability or medical need are available on request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.