Software Engineer - QA Automation
At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
As a QA Automation Engineer you will work with QA and Engineering to design, implement, and grow the tests and automation framework for Blend's products. You will be the main point of contact for automation aspects of all releases. You will collaborate closely with QA and Engineering, and work as a part of scrum team in an agile environment. You will work closely with engineers to improve our overall test infrastructure, ensure that best practices are being followed across our suite of tests to ensure reliable and fast testing, and own our cross-platform test suite.
- Strategize, plan, and develop an automation roadmap
- Work with the software QA team to create testing plans and identify automation opportunities
- Develop and maintain automated test suites
- Responsible for source code control and software release activities for our automation framework
- Simulate E2E scenarios using various platforms & technologies
- Drive constant improvement of test automation practices and knowledge
- Educate and guide Blend team members on automation framework and principles
- Constantly evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- 3+ yrs experience working on automation frameworks such as Protractor
- Experience with test automation tools
- Execute testing on both front end and back end systems
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems and QA challenges
- Strong communication and organization skills. Must be a self-starter and quick learner who is attentive to details and capable of multi-tasking
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, TestLink, Jenkins
- Passion to test!
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, and an endless snack supply
- Conveniently located in San Francisco's Financial District
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Flexible work hours and vacation time