Software Engineer - Automation
At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most meaningful purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to tackle hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Greylock, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
As a Software Engineer in Automation you will work with QA and Engineering to design, implement, and grow the tests and automation framework for Blend's products. You will be the main point of contact for automation aspects of all releases. You will collaborate closely with QA and Engineering, and work as a part of scrum team in an agile environment. You will work closely with engineers to improve our overall test infrastructure, ensure that standard methodologies are being followed across our suite of tests to ensure reliable and fast testing, and own our cross-platform test suite.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Strategize, plan, and develop an automation roadmap
- Work with the software QA team to build testing plans and identify automation opportunities
- Develop and maintain automated test suites
- Responsible for source code control and software release activities for our automation framework
- Simulate E2E scenarios using various platforms & technologies
- Drive constant improvement of test automation practices and knowledge
- Educate and guide Blend team members on automation framework and principles
- Constantly evaluate the test automation strategy and approach to identify areas of improvement
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related discipline
- 3+ yrs experience working on automation frameworks such as Protractor
- Experience with test automation tools
- Execute testing on both front end and back end systems
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to tackle problems and QA challenges
- Strong communication and organization skills. We're looking for a self-starter and quick learner who is attentive to details and capable of multi-tasking
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, TestLink, Jenkins
- Passion to test!