Support Engineer - Path Forward Returnship
GTM – Customer Success
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Blend is a 16- week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we encourage you to apply.
At Blend, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its industry-leading digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions like Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend is growing the various functions in our Support team including our Tier 2 Support engineering team. This Support is a highly valued team at Blend, because we will only be successful if our customers are successful. We are looking for an exceptional person to join this team – someone who regularly goes above and beyond to provide the best possible service and relevant solutions to our clients. If you join us, you’ll be part of a small, tightly-knit and growing Support team that is ridiculously good at providing world-class service.
- Meet and exceed Blend SLAs for Email and Chat support queues
- Lead the training and mentoring of new hires on the Client Support team
- Project management and execution of ongoing support projects
- Need to be/become a subject matter expert of Blend to assist with escalations from the Client Support team
- Act as a Tier 2 escalation point for Tier 1 support function
- Provide on call/after hours support for Enterprise customersLead client facing outage communications
- Assist with managing product outages
- Manage client relationships and provide ongoing support for technical support projects
- 2+ years; experience in a technical customer support role
- Experience working closely with Engineering and Product teams to resolve bugs in production environments
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to become a product expert quickly
- Subject matter expert or able to become subject matter experts rapidly in the following areas in respect : Loan Origination process, Software troubleshooting and web technologies
- Knowledge and ability to support developers who are using Blend’s RESTful APIsAbility to evaluate, troubleshoot, and resolve customer issues as well as perform fixes directly in client production environments
- Ability to work flexible schedules that may include evenings/weekends/holidays
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.