Software Engineer - Security
At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Greylock, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
At Blend, Security Engineers are software engineers who focus on security (no security experience required). Blend expects you to have strong software development skills. Beyond that, you’ll develop features into our application including tools to detect fraud, analysis platforms to identify indicators of compromise and account takeover prevention systems. You'll get to work with awesome engineers to improve security everywhere.
- Build systems that enable secure deployment available to engineers
- Improve incident detection
- Ingest and correlate security logs
- Improve security during architecture and design discussions
- Improve processes and tools to identify security flaws in code
- Take part in code reviews
- Excellent coding, problem solving, and debugging skills
- 2+ years of experience in application development
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals
- B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science preferred
Nice To Haves
- Web app development experience
- Strong interest in some of the following subjects: cryptography, web app security, authentication and security protocols, mobile app sec, cloud based services like AWS or Azure, threat modeling, and secure application architecture