Brand Design Intern
San Francisco /
University – University /
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Members of the Brand Design team bring the Blend brand to life. We are advocates and champions of the Blend Brand internally and externally. From the fit and finish of all our customer and employee interactions, to counseling internal partners on creative decisions, we partner with Marketing, Sales, Services, and People Operations to steward our brand's experiences
We are looking for a Summer 2021 intern to join our team! Through this internship, you will learn about working in-house at a small but mighty design team responsible for bringing the Blend brand to life. We are advocates and champions of the Blend Brand internally and externally. You will develop skills and processes to present work in progress to stakeholders, be exposed to designing and evolving an industry leading brand, and ship projects that amplify our company’s vision of better lending for all.
How you'll contribute:
- Execute design ideas within our brand canon while keeping an eye on new ways to expand our visual language
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, copywriters and internal stakeholders to develop meaningful brand experiences
- Support studio and digital teams on projects ranging from presentation decks, social media and demand generation ads, illustrations, and sales enablement collateral
- Help champion and amplify the value of design throughout Blend and beyond
Who you are:
- You have strong conceptual and production skills, with an eye for effectively implementing design foundations(typography, iconography, color, layout, etc..) and an ability to translate those into refined, accessible, compelling designs
- An appetite for feedback and encourage all work to be reviewed and discussed
- A curiosity and eagerness to learn on how to continuously improve
- The ability to take initiative and solve problems independently
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.