At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
As a member of the Business Development team, you will focus on identifying and executing on strategic opportunities to drive key business initiatives and build long term value across customers, partners, and markets. The ideal candidate will be analytical with the ability to distill complex issues and communicate effectively to stakeholders. Candidates must be comfortable working independently as well as in cross functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Build strong partnerships and alliances working closely with key decision makers at core technology providers, consulting partners, and mortgage institutions
- Manage the complete partner life cycle including strategic planning, partner certification, contract negotiation, and on-going engagement
- Lead cross-functional teams and manage complex projects effectively from start to finish (develop processes, schedule meetings, track deadlines)
- Develop and lead presentations to both internal stakeholders and strategic partners
- Partner closely with Professional Services, Sales, and Product to drive long term business value
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in consulting, and/or enterprise SaaS software company
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and driving alignment across multiple stakeholders
- Strong ability to articulate contractual, technical, and financial value points to strategic partners and internal stakeholders
- Outstanding presentation, organizational, and time management skills
- Self-starter - comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 60%
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of mortgage industry
- Prior work in analytical backgrounds
- Experience working with or within large financial institutions
- Experience with SaaS platforms