Enterprise Deployment Lead (East)
At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Greylock, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
As a Deployment Lead, you will understand Blend’s platform and the client’s needs to help deliver a solution that exceeds expectations. You will work with teams from across the company to rapidly implement and enhance our product offerings providing project leadership in an autonomous delivery role. The ideal candidate is excited to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast paced, highly visible role. Similar titles might include: Project Manager, Deployment Manager, Implementation Manager, Technical Project Manager, Forward Deployed Engineer, Client Solutions or Professional Services Lead.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Learn and master Blend products in order to solve business challenges as a configuration and implementation lead for enterprise customers
- Consult with mortgage lender business and technical resources to produce business requirements and functional design documents as an implementation lead
- Partner with customer business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements using both business and technical skills
- Estimate the effort required to configure Blend products
- Collaborate with Blend Product and Engineering teams to share customer requirements, influence product priorities and further enhance Blend core product features
- Plan and execute integration testing and user acceptance testing of customer implementations
- Utilize various project methodologies as part of implementing Blend products on-site at mortgage lenders
- 5+ years relevant experience with full lifecycle package software implementations (SaaS preferred)
- Hands-on technical configuration experience (examples include screen/user interface, application settings or parameters, branding, etc.)
- Project management experience (scope control, budgeting, estimating and resource management)
- Ability to propose creative technical solutions to challenging problems and communicate technical concepts and specifications clearly and efficiently
- Ability to work with a variety of customers from different departments in large and small groups. Adaptable to various work settings and able to serve in an advisory/leadership role
- Strong personal initiative and ability to execute with minimal oversight
- Experience working in a dynamic environment wearing many hats
- Willingness and ability to travel up from 50% - 80% (Monday – Thursday typical during peak times)
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience with configurable software such as Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Guidewire
- Knowledge of mortgage industry
- Experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
- Background working with financial institutions in a customer facing role