At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We're looking for a Data Engineer who is driven to solve hard problems— the harder, the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area— it affects people all over the U.S., not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. As an early Data Engineer, you can define how we instrument our data infrastructure to influence the entire industry. Your contributions to Blend’s data architecture and infrastructure will shape the company’s ability to innovate in the consumer finance space.
Our ideal Data Engineer has hands-on experience building and architecting data pipelines and distributed systems. Using this expertise, you will work both independently and collaboratively with Engineers, Product Managers, and Data Scientists to appropriately prioritize, execute, and innovate on the organization’s data needs.
Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors, and growing quickly.
- Deep understanding of the infrastructure that powers large scale analytics and machine learning systems.
- Prior experience working with highly-sensitive data is a plus.
- Experience and interest in working with state-of-the-art data technologies, such as Kinesis, Redshift, HDFS, and Spark.
- At least 2+ years of professional work experience performing similar technical disciplines as described in this position description.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals (B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline preferred).
- Ability to communicate effectively and cross-functionally.
- Design, build, and maintain data pipelines from the ground up that instrument new functionality such as automatic metrics generation, pipeline auditing, and data repopulation.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data.
- Maximize the impact of our infrastructure.
- Work with other engineers, data scientists, and product managers to build systems for real-time and effective data exploration and consumption.
- Ensure that all data components are designed and implemented in compliance with our information security requirements.
- Help instill a data-driven culture across the company.
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, and an endless snack supply
- Conveniently located in San Francisco's Financial District
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Flexible work hours and vacation time