Quality Assurance Engineer
At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most meaningful purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Greylock, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst you will work with Engineering and Product to grow, maintain, and be responsible for the test suite for Blend's products. You will be embedded with different teams in Engineering to improve our test coverage and ensure standard methodologies are being followed to ensure reliable and fast testing. You will also collaborate closely with QA Automation engineers to determine automation priorities and opportunities.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Work closely with broader product development team to antagonistically test Blend's software and identify issues with new releases
- Extensive understanding of problem resolution techniques and processes
- Identify project risks and recommend actions to minimize risk
- Continually refine your tests because you're never satisfied that you've covered enough
- Continually seek to break the application with exploratory and negative testing
- Ability to organize work efficiently across multiple projects and responsibilities
- A deep understanding of the software development life cycle (Planning, designing, implementing, testing, document, deployment, maintenance).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information
- Works well under pressure to meet due dates
- 1+ years testing experience in a dynamic Agile based testing environment
- Experience writing detailed test cases
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to tackle problems and QA challenges
- Strong communication and organization skills. Must be a self-starter, fast learner, attentive to details, and capable of multi-tasking
NICE TO HAVES
- Bachelors in Engineering or related discipline
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, TestLink, Jenkins
- Experience with mobile application testing
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, and an endless snack supply
- Conveniently located in San Francisco's Financial District
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Flexible work hours and vacation time