Incident Response Engineer
At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most important purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to solve hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
As an Incident Response Engineer, you'll come to work to develop security tools, handle and resolve security incidents, and guide the organization’s overall defense. You're capable of staying well informed on attacker behavior. You're able to search for and discover vulnerabilities — using the information to mitigate security gaps and concerns. And you can work side by side with other engineers to build and implement security tools, both open source and internally crafted, to aid in the incident response process.
- Understand attacker's techniques
- Map Document data flows between systems
- Identify indicators of attack and tailor monitoring and alerting
- Perform risk assessments, and work with teams to mitigate
- Investigate and manage security events and incidents
- Take ownership and drive projects that result from security incidents
- Conduct in-depth vulnerability assessments and Information System Auditing of assets (e.g. - servers, Workstations, Network Appliances, Storage Devices, and Applications)
- Ability to write log parsers and/or utilities in scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Shell, Perl)
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers, team members, and upper management
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science preferred
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Daily catered lunch and dinner
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks and beverages
- Convenient location in San Francisco's Financial District
- Top-tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Gym membership
- Commuter benefits program
- Wellness program
- Flexible work hours and vacation time
- Off-sites, events and happy hours
- People you will enjoy working with every day!