Engineering Manager - Blend Close
San Francisco /
EPD (Eng, Prod, Design) – Engineering /
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Blend Close team is growing. Industry progress towards fully electronic closing has been painfully slow and incremental. Too many consumers have been forced to accept hybrid closing as the best option available, even when many would prefer a completely digital option. This team is responsible for delivering an integrated experience with all of the necessary functionality for eSign, Remote Online Notarization or an in-person notary, generation and signing of eNote, as well as integration to an eVault.
As one of several engineering leaders you’ll work cross-functionally with product, design, business development, and external stakeholders to build out this new business initiative. If you are energetic, enjoy working with people, and want to see your work have an immediate, tangible impact on our customers and industry, we want to hear from you.
How you'll contribute:
- Guide a team of talented software engineers and help them achieve a high degree of technical excellence
- Help engineers grow and meet their career goals, and set the pace for the team
- Recruit top-tier talent as the team grows
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive, challenging and inclusive for all
- Partner closely with product managers, deployment teams, and customers/external vendors to build and roll out new features
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience managing software developers
- 5+ years experience as an engineer working with production software at scale
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and retain great people
- Demonstrated ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with other engineering teams, product managers, and business stakeholders; strong verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Experience in the B2B / SaaS / platform space (financial experience not required)
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Paid Developmental Opportunities (courses, workshops, etc)
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.