Software Engineer, Backend - Disclosures/Followups
San Francisco, New York /
EPD (Eng, Prod, Design) – Engineering /
Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
One of the most important parts of buying a home is viewing and signing disclosure packages. These documents explain what getting a mortgage entails. Your job would be helping to build a system to deliver these documents to borrowers. Sounds simple right? Well it turns out there it’s more involved than you would think. At a high level there are three main problems to solve in order to issue a package. First, we need to grab the latest data from all the systems we integrate with. This means we need to solve how to keep data from multiple systems in sync. Second, we need to create the package in Blend in such a way that borrower can interact with it. Lastly, we need to track when each borrower views, signs, and completes the package.
Now to make it more fun, and we need to build all of the above in a way that any partner can easily plugin to our disclosures solution. These partners could be involved in any of the three problems listed above. As you can see we have a lot to do.
How you'll contribute:
- Building a disclosures platform for partners to integrate into Blend
- Building one of the first e-close solutions
- Helping Blend fully transition to microservices
Who you are:
- Have experience building platforms and APIs for other developers to use
- Enjoy building point-to-point and event based integrations
- Design systems with resilience and quality top of mind
- Proactively think about potential failure scenarios and how to handle them properly
- Typescript with Node.js
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Wellness benefits covering a variety of wellness activities, gym memberships, fitness classes and more
- Daily meal stipend for non-regularly remote employees during COVID-19 (and lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays provided in offices outside of COVID-19)
- Weekly mindfulness meditation class
- Paid Developmental Opportunities (courses, workshops, etc)
- Weekly remote company all-hands
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy and companywide mental health days during COVID-19
- Work from home office set up stipend and internet stipend during COVID-19
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.