Software Engineer - Infrastructure
At Blend, we’re dedicated to improving lending. We’re an enterprise technology company, but our product affects the most meaningful purchase most people will make in their lifetime—their home. For homebuyers, our product means a clear, guided path to a new home. For lenders, it means modern, easy-to-use tools that let employees spend their time helping customers, rather than on repetitive, manual tasks. By aligning and modernizing this archaic industry, we believe everybody wins.
We need someone who’s driven to tackle hard problems—the harder the better. We’re motivated by the fact that our product won’t just affect the lives of a few people in the Bay Area—it affects people all over America, not to mention a foundational part of the U.S. economy. Founded in 2012 by former Palantir leaders, we’re currently backed by Greylock, Founders Fund, Andreessen Horowitz and other prominent investors.
Blend is solving significant infrastructure challenges as we expand from processing thousands to millions of loans, at more and more lending organizations, and over an increasingly large part of the lifecycle of each loan. We're looking for infrastructure engineers who are passionate about automation, scale, performance, security, and clean code.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You may be a fit for this role if you
- Understand the needs of other developers and enjoy building internal tools that empower an entire organization
- Have experience deploying and monitoring production systems on a major cloud provider
- Are interested in container orchestration and scheduling
- Enjoy working with data stores such as Postgres and MongoDB
Projects you could work on
- Our internal service deployment tool that sits on top of Kubernetes; enabling teams to fully own the lifecycle of their services
- Unified logging and eventing across services; client event collection, format standardization, distribution, and storage
- Distributed uptime and metrics alerting
- Easy to use libraries that form the basis for the bulk of our services
- Time based access controls for servers
- Dynamic network isolation and authentication between services
Blend doesn't process as many requests as Google or Facebook, but we care deeply about shipping the best experience possible the first time. As a result we emphasize automated end to end testing, and take an aggressive security posture that informs everything that we do. This presents unique challenges (and opportunities for creative solutions).
Blend's infrastructure team acts as a company within a company; empowering developers to ship their code faster and more securely. As a result the work the team does is incredibly important and multiplies productivity across the entire organization.